[Exclusive] Dan Trachtenberg Talks Biggest Change In Prey From Pitch To Release!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 30, 2022, 09:00:44 AM

Author
[Exclusive] Dan Trachtenberg Talks Biggest Change In Prey From Pitch To Release! (Read 5,558 times)

OpenMaw

Earn their respect? Save their life?

Mr.Turok

Quote from: OpenMaw on Oct 01, 2022, 08:51:26 PMEarn their respect? Save their life?
Why when he can just kill her instead? AVP made sense since it's for survival's sake but Feral has no real opposition in this hunt/time period. 

BigDaddyJohn

Nah I always disliked the concept itself, I probably always will.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Oct 01, 2022, 09:06:28 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Oct 01, 2022, 08:51:26 PMEarn their respect? Save their life?
Why when he can just kill her instead? AVP made sense since it's for survival's sake but Feral has no real opposition in this hunt/time period. 

Granted. I wasn't really giving my support to the idea, so much as I was offering suggestions as to how it could end up happening.

Feral could have gotten in over his head with the trappers and Naru somehow saves him, and gets some respect. I don't know.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 01, 2022, 10:09:57 PMNah I always disliked the concept itself, I probably always will.

It worked okay in the original AVP comic, and at the time that was a unique idea. It has not worked for me since then.

Predators, thankfully, did not have a team up. It just had a "Yeah, you cut me down. Now get out of here." Moment, which worked.

It the AVP movie it just came off as incredibly hokey. Everyone in the theater laughed.

SuperiorIronman

I don't know, Thicker than Blood kind of worked for me. But I wish they had more time to get into the Predator's head for that. Though I kind of wish we got more of the family dynamic in general. Makes me wish Marvel got them to do an expanded edition of that.

skhellter

i still like the original AVP comic (thicker than Blood is also really good)
and the team up is good in that.

ultimately all these ideas depend on execution.
I'm sure Dan would've executed it well.
Now that he got his David vs Goliath story out of his system, i'm sure there are still many ideas he'd like to explore if he chooses to return to the series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed