Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,609,922 times)

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 15, 2010, 03:45:35 AM

You're being overly sensitive about the matter to be honest.

Im beign sensitive about people who cant admit theyre wrong or find a compromise. Tell me again, where are the redesigns done by Winston on the head designs? And tell me whts on warriors head isnt Giger's design? prove me wrong, prove me this picture doesnt exist

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

There's no dome, for one thing.

And the final design for the mouth is different. The inner jaw is smaller. The neck is larger and is situated differently.

Not everything Cameron touches turns to gold.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Apr 15, 2010, 03:49:04 AM

Im beign sensitive about people who cant admit theyre wrong or find a compromise. Tell me again, where are the redesigns done by Winston on the head designs? And tell me whts on warriors head isnt Giger's design? prove me wrong, prove me this picture doesnt exist

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/lovegunner/AVP/same.jpg

Why would I say I'm wrong when I think you're wrong?

There were obvious big design changes, there are no two ways about it.
It's been pointed out to you several times, so you can draw all the little red lines you like.

The two pics I posted show huge differences.

The only one not finding compromise is you.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2010, 03:44:56 AM
Quote\The point was that the design is Giger's and no other designer did anything to it.

Well obviously you see removing the dome as not a design change and everyone else does.

An impasse.

Here endeth the lesson.

But Im saying that whats on warriors head are designs done purely by Giger. Im saying that Winston and  cameron didnt redesigned an aline. Redesigning is this

Yet everything thats on warriors head is Giger's. No redesign was made, nothing was added or changed in those designs/lines/ridges/parts

SM

SM

I know what your saying and I don't agree that it doesn't qualify as a design change.

Simple as that.  You have your definition and everyone else has theirs - no wrong or right.

Move on.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Apr 15, 2010, 03:53:34 AM
Quote\The point was that the design is Giger's and no other designer did anything to it.

Well obviously you see removing the dome as not a design change and everyone else does.

An impasse.

Here endeth the lesson.

But Im saying that whats on warriors head are designs done purely by Giger. Im saying that Winston and  cameron didnt redesigned an aline. Redesigning is this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_u5O92i3goK4/S6eY32J6wfI/AAAAAAAAAyE/oryFYt2cgsI/s1600-h/robot+comparisons.jpg
Yet everything thats on warriors head is Giger's. No redesign was made, nothing was added or changed in those designs/lines/ridges/parts

ALL of the detail under the dome was added by Winston.

How can you not see that?

Giger airbrushed it on, Winston added EVERYTHING.

Your pic isn't showing up by the way.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 15, 2010, 03:51:30 AM
There's no dome, for one thing.

And the final design for the mouth is different. The inner jaw is smaller. The neck is larger and is situated differently.

I said head. Head, not face. And the body/torso. Its designed by Giger, isnt it?

QuoteNot everything Cameron touches turns to gold.

Obviously I know, and whats this got to do with anything here? Just because I work for JCO? lol. Im a fan of a movie, then director. Not the other way around. Althought I understand its another dig at me suggesting that Im biased - a characteristic I truly loath

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Now you're just being pedantic.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 15, 2010, 03:52:00 AM
Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Apr 15, 2010, 03:49:04 AM

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/lovegunner/AVP/same.jpg

Why would I say I'm wrong when I think you're wrong?

There were obvious big design changes, there are no two ways about it.
It's been pointed out to you several times, so you can draw all the little red lines you like.

The two pics I posted show huge differences.

The only one not finding compromise is you.

So whats on warriors head wasnt designed by Giger?

than whats here on the head? Looks familiar?

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 15, 2010, 03:55:38 AM
Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Apr 15, 2010, 03:53:34 AM

An impasse.

Here endeth the lesson.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_u5O92i3goK4/S6eY32J6wfI/AAAAAAAAAyE/oryFYt2cgsI/s1600-h/robot+comparisons.jpg

ALL of the detail under the dome was added by Winston.

How can you not see that?

Giger airbrushed it on, Winston added EVERYTHING.

Your pic isn't showing up by the way.

You cant be serious. So Winston went back in time and designed the ridges, the tubes and the biomechanical parts that were under the dome? What is this, candid camera?

SM

SM

QuoteSo whats on warriors head wasnt designed by Giger?

Bony protusions instead of painted on lines?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2010, 04:00:59 AM

Plus dips and ridges that AREN'T on Giger's version.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

I dont know if youre all playing a prank on me or do you dont know what I mean by design. Design is the shape, the lines, the parts the look. Obviously since Giger did that in 79, the shape of the ridges and all the parts that are on alien's head are designed by him. Winston didnt design (translation: think up, drawn) the ridges and the dragon-ish head top or the parts. He sculpted it on the aline but the look was designed by Giger

Btw, this is redesigning

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 15, 2010, 04:02:27 AM

Plus dips and ridges that AREN'T on Giger's version.

Wrong. Ridges were there, only airbrushed. But there are about 10 pictures showing 79 alien with the same shaped ridges on Giger's alien head. Not only Winston didnt come up with them, the angles and lines of those ridges are identical

StarBeast79

StarBeast79

I've never seen that pic of Hurd shooting the alien although I knew it was her hand and foot from the dvd commentary.  Awesome.  I wish I could get an 8x10 of that signed by her.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed