Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,622,806 times)

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2010, 03:06:10 AM
QuoteIt has nothing to do with Giger's design at all

Geez, way to take it to an extreme...

Well, theyre talking about redesigning and huge changes like if its a runner or Resurrection design or something, so...

SM

SM

Removing the dome IS a huge change.  In fact probably the most visible change of any Alien in any film, because that's what gets the most screen time.

However no one even remotely suggested the Aliens creature had "nothing to do with Giger's design at all".

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2010, 03:16:19 AM
Removing the dome IS a huge change.  In fact probably the most visible change of any Alien in any film, because that's what gets the most screen time.

However no one even remotely suggested the Aliens creature had "nothing to do with Giger's design at all".

But SM, youre the level headed here. IRemoving the dome is not designing something new. Am I wrong saying the head is Giger's design? Or am I crazy here and the picture Imposting doesnt exist and Warrior alien doesnt have the same head design as Giger, meaning isnt of Giger's design?

Cause Im being attacked and cheap shots are thrown at me for stating whats on the picture. And some claim huge redesigns. Thenm I say, where are the newly developed designs here, blueprinted, sketched and designed by someone else than Giger? Where are those new, non-Giger originating designs there? Where the big difference, wheres the huge redesign?

SM

SM

QuoteRemoving the dome is not designing something new.

No it isn't - but it is changing an existing design.  Whether it's a big change or a little change - it's still a change.

It may be only one thing, but that one thing is fairly major.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Whoa...somebody needs a nappy time.

No reason to get so defensive there buddy.

Just because most of us don't agree with you doesn't mean you can't think you're right.  ;)

SiL

SiL

Was that really necessary?

SM

SM

I think not.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

THIS WHOLE COURT IS OUTTA ORRRDEERRR!!!
Anyone care to get back on topic and post pics of the alien we all know and love?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2010, 03:31:06 AM

What's not necessary is acting like a douche just because someone doesn't agree with him.

Pics to the contrary have been posted, points have been made, yet he turns it into a childish rant about how we're all picking on him.  ::)

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2010, 03:28:20 AM
QuoteRemoving the dome is not designing something new.

No it isn't - but it is changing an existing design.  Whether it's a big change or a little change - it's still a change.

It may be only one thing, but that one thing is fairly major.

And again, that wasnt the point. The point was that the design is Giger's and no other designer did anything to it. I dont know how else can I show it. I even drew red lines to show the same designs, same biomechanical parts, same lines. People still say its my opinion. I think its nuts

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 15, 2010, 03:37:37 AM
What's not necessary is acting like a douche just because someone doesn't agree with him.
He didn't act like a douche. You did. And then he complained. And then you acted like a douche again.

Everything was fine until you chimed in.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Pics to the contrary have been posted, points have been made, yet he turns it into a childish rant about how we're all picking on him.  ::)

1. Pic to the contrary havent been posted. My god, show me how it is not Giger's design whats on the head and body.Didnt I just posted a pic showing how the designs on warrior's head are Giger's not Winston's?

2. Slight dig was made at the site Im working for/part of with a passive aggressive comment that I know nothing after years of being a fan collecting every vintage press piece and months of extensive research on the franchise

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2010, 03:40:57 AM
He didn't act like a douche. You did. And then he complained. And then you acted like a douche again.

Everything was fine until you chimed in.

Again, all I did was post 2 pics and points contradicting what he was saying.

He comes back with a bitch fit about "I'm in your club now" duh stuff.

So no, I'm not wrong.

If he can't take counterpoints to his points, he shouldn't be posting.

SM

SM

Quote\The point was that the design is Giger's and no other designer did anything to it.

Well obviously you see removing the dome as not a design change and everyone else does.

An impasse.

Here endeth the lesson.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Apr 15, 2010, 03:42:57 AM

1. Pic to the contrary havent been posted. My god, show me how it is not Giger's design whats on the head and body.Didnt I just posted a pic showing how the designs on warrior's head are Giger's not Winston's?

2. Slight dig was made at the site Im working for/part of with a passive aggressive comment that I know nothing after years of being a fan collecting every vintage press piece and months of extensive research on the franchise

There are alot of us who've had just as much time collecting and reading all of the vintage pieces there are for both films.
You are not an exclusive knowledge base for this information.

I don't agree with you.  And obviously others don't either.

You're being overly sensitive about the matter to be honest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed