Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,621,909 times)

SiL

SiL

QuoteStill, not a line was added to the design when it comes to body and head, its all Giger's authorship.
Except for the extra ribs and the notably different mouth structure. And the smooth forehead. :P

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2010, 01:16:24 AM
QuoteStill, not a line was added to the design when it comes to body and head, its all Giger's authorship.
Except for the extra ribs and the notably different mouth structure. And the smooth forehead. :P

But I dont think you get what Im saying. The extra rib wasnt designed by Stan. Its the same rib that was designed by Giger. The smooth face was on alien before so its nothing new too and smoothing isnt really designing. So again, the body and head are purely from under Giger's pencil

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

For all those who oppose Sil. Just stop dead in ur tracks right now. Ive been around the site long enough to know that you CAN NOT change Sils beliefs. He VERY strongly stands behind them lol  :)

SM

SM

It's not a matter of "belief".

SiL

SiL

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Apr 15, 2010, 01:24:57 AM
The smooth face was on alien before so its nothing new too and smoothing isnt really designing.
The smooth face wasn't on the skull. Removing it is redesigning it. It does count.

And you're still ignoring the modified jaw structure.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2010, 01:46:26 AM
The smooth face was on alien before so its nothing new too and smoothing isnt really designing.
The smooth face wasn't on the skull. Removing it is redesigning it. It does count.

I still dont think that excluding the skull is a redesign, but I guess thats where we just wont agree.

Im not sure if I understand what do you mean by modified jaw line. The bottom jaw shape is the same if thats what youre referring to

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

It's really disappointing we haven't seen the Giger Alien's mouth structure again. Like most elements when it comes to the Alien creature, it's the best - but in this case, it's the best by far.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Anyone have good pics of the mouth area? Im with Sil on everything but that. The area around the mouth looks a little different but i would go as far as say they changed it. Its def thinner and less detailed. See Alien 3 (good) or AvPs (snaggletooth) for more changed mouth workings

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Nevermind I figured out what you meant. Still, those are all very trivial and cosmetic changes. Like you said, theyre remarkably similar and I say identical because the changes are very trivial. The point still remains the same - its Giger's design, no one redid anything. Putting a dot there and extending this or that isnt like designing new parts and look. Its still a copy of Giger's design with no original input (when it comes to head, body and legs)

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Apr 15, 2010, 01:28:47 AM
For all those who oppose Sil. Just stop dead in ur tracks right now. Ive been around the site long enough to know that you CAN NOT change Sils beliefs. He VERY strongly stands behind them lol 

I find it hard to oppose him,when he's pretty much always right.

/suckingoff

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Apr 15, 2010, 01:52:38 AM
Anyone have good pics of the mouth area?

Alien:

Aliens:

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Apr 15, 2010, 02:01:34 AM
Nevermind I figured out what you meant. Still, those are all very trivial and cosmetic changes. Like you said, theyre remarkably similar and I say identical because the changes are very trivial. The point still remains the same - its Giger's design, no one redid anything. Putting a dot there and extending this or that isnt like designing new parts and look. Its still a copy of Giger's design with no original input (when it comes to head, body and legs)

The changes to the head are pretty significant.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Removing the dome is a significant change.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Apr 15, 2010, 01:51:19 AM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2010, 01:46:26 AM

I still dont think that excluding the skull is a redesign, but I guess thats where we just wont agree.

Im not sure if I understand what do you mean by modified jaw line. The bottom jaw shape is the same if thats what youre referring to

How can you NOT consider removing the dome and skull a redesign?

The dome was a HUGE part of what the creature was in the first film.

Yes, you couldn't see the skull, but it was there.
And removing it is a MAJOR design change no matter how you look at it.

Also, I've seen you state that they didn't change anything under the dome and that it looks EXACTLY like Giger had it on his creation.
This is definately not true either.

Also, the neck and the shoulder areas are VERY different.
And, as SIL has stated, the jaws are very different on both designs.

I understand that you have your own website (and an opinion to go with it)...but you seem to NOT know exactly what you're talking about.  ;)

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 15, 2010, 02:20:10 AM
The changes to the head are pretty significant.

Really?  What is so significant about it when no additional parts were designed for the head and teh entire head is of gioger's design?

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 15, 2010, 02:21:55 AM
Removing the dome is a significant change.

But not a redesign and what under it is still all Giger's design

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 15, 2010, 02:38:18 AM

How can you NOT consider removing the dome and skull a redesign?

Its not. Its a change but not a redesign. There still isnt an original line that would be designed and sketched by Stan or James

QuoteThe dome was a HUGE part of what the creature was in the first film.

No one is saying it wasnt. But Im also a huge Giger fan for more than a decade now. I prefer to see his terrific designs rather than no deisgn at all (dome). Its not the issue anyway. The point is that whats under the dome is Giger's design, not Stan's and not James'

QuoteYes, you couldn't see the skull, but it was there.

I know, but it was never intended to be seen. That continues to the sequel

QuoteAnd removing it is a MAJOR design change no matter how you look at it.

I dont think you understand what desgn mean. Removing is not designing orginal part. You seem to imply theyre one and the same

QuoteAlso, I've seen you state that they didn't change anything under the dome and that it looks EXACTLY like Giger had it on his creation.
This is definately not true either.

How is it not true? SHOW ME A LINE OR A NEW DESIGN ADDED BY STAN OR JIM TO THE HEAD. SHow me. Shape and designes on the head ARE identical.

Look at this trick

Giger's design

And now warrior

But no, youre all right. the head was redone, redrawnm and changed by Winston and Cameron. It has nothing to do with Giger's design at all

QuoteI understand that you have your own website (and an opinion to go with it)...but you seem to NOT know exactly what you're talking about.  ;)

Thanks for being a douche to me and being uninformed yoursefl about both the designs and the site. Why bother, Youre all right. Warriors are completely redesigned, theres barely any of Giger design in it. Any single change from Alien is a sacrilege, no matter if good or bad. There, Im in your club now.

SM

SM

QuoteIt has nothing to do with Giger's design at all

Geez, way to take it to an extreme...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed