Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,622,669 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It's too fleshy for me; lack all of the biomechanical designs that made the originals so alien and terrifying.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 07, 2010, 04:58:28 AM
To me it looks anorexic. Too skinny for my liking.
Because the originals were really, really fat.   :o ;D

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

The AvP design wasn't as memorable as those from the original Alien trilogy, but to Anderson's credit he certainly filmed them to great effect.

Xhan

Xhan

It should be that thin.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: TJ Doc on Mar 06, 2010, 02:43:53 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Mar 06, 2010, 06:49:14 AM
Quote from: Navaha on Mar 06, 2010, 05:10:54 AM
Quote from: #6.0 on Mar 06, 2010, 03:34:24 AM
F the giger, but the best pics come from AVP 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL :D

I swear I have read such comment about 2010 AVP in another thread....WTF is this about?? Get me in picture..

What, these dudes?

I think Rebellion did a great job with the Alien designs myself.

Its the best they've looked in any mainstream material in years.

Sol

Sol

While I don't particularly hate the AVP/AVP:R designs, it's just a few things that really bother me about the designs.

The main issue I have with it is something that actually started with the Alien design is Resurrection. The rear cranial area (it's flat on the bottom). It really doesn't look good, and when trying to think of a reason WHY ADI did that, I can't think of any that makes a bit of sense.

With Resurrection, it could be partially explained away with "their DNA has been altered/contaminated" by Ripley/human DNA, and further augmented through cloning a non perfect specimen, etc etc...

But what was the reasoning in the latter films, again?

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Sol on Mar 07, 2010, 11:29:50 PM
While I don't particularly hate the AVP/AVP:R designs, it's just a few things that really bother me about the designs.

The main issue I have with it is something that actually started with the Alien design is Resurrection. The rear cranial area (it's flat on the bottom). It really doesn't look good, and when trying to think of a reason WHY ADI did that, I can't think of any that makes a bit of sense.

With Resurrection, it could be partially explained away with "their DNA has been altered/contaminated" by Ripley/human DNA, and further augmented through cloning a non perfect specimen, etc etc...

But what was the reasoning in the latter films, again?

ADI being cheap.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Adi has done the effects for Tremors and Evolution. Definitively not cheap.

MadassAlex

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Sol on Mar 06, 2010, 08:50:12 PM

I would kill to have a model like that in my personal collection.

I love how hideously spindly the xenomorph in A3 was. Terrifying.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 07, 2010, 09:23:44 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 07, 2010, 04:58:28 AM
To me it looks anorexic. Too skinny for my liking.
Because the originals were really, really fat.   :o ;D

:P

Relatively speaking, I meant.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 06, 2010, 08:57:06 PM
that's some serious anorexia. :o

[ive never seen those pics, they are very detailed... i wonder if Locusta has seen them? he could use these for his runner CG model]

Thank´s mate, I got these already and these shosts of the 1/4 movie marquette are ones of my main reference.

The Demon

The Demon

Something about the third Alien reminds me of a water frog..

Does anyone know why the third Alien doesn't have those exhaust pipes the Alien's usually have? Was there a reason for not having them?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Demon on Mar 08, 2010, 09:29:29 PM
Something about the third Alien reminds me of a water frog..

Does anyone know why the third Alien doesn't have those exhaust pipes the Alien's usually have? Was there a reason for not having them?

David Fincher, Giger, and ADI all basically decided that for this creature they wanted something like a PUMA, really fast and sleek. Giger took those off because they'd get in the way of the head, Fincher liked that idea, and ADI used it.

locusta

locusta

Giger skiped them by own will. He explained the reason of the initial backtube design as mere optic support for the overlapping back of the head.

As the Runner never was meant to stand upright, and the head would "rest" (in the meaning of the shape seen from the side) on the back of the Alien, the where no more needed for design reasons.

Of course, Gigers Necronom IV had these too and you see that they are obvious for reasons of shape and form.

Hey, the guy is an industrial designer ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed