Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,629,827 times)

Xhan

Xhan

Her mod site is still up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Didnt know she did mods. Slof did mods... Sure you're not mixing 'em up?

Xhan

Xhan

Nope. Someone helped Slof with textures.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Already posted, but its worth mentioning that this is actually the first concept design of the PredAlien...further cementing Dorman's awesomeness (even though he did stick dreads in from the beginning  :P)

A painting Dorman did for Hero Magazine back in the day...

A few paintings Dorman did for the tribes book:

And a few more Dormans while I'm on a roll. Sorry for oversaturation but I feel he's been a bit neglected...

Cover for Dark Horse Presents #36

Just about my favorite Aliens painting ever. From the original Aliens: Book One trade.

the cover to Steve Perry's Nightmare Asylum novelization.

locusta

locusta

Dave Dorman´s paintings were allways stunning. Love ´em!

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

Does anybody else think the AVP shots are actually not very good?

They just don't impress me at all.  Completely the wrong style, completely the wrong feel, and it just looks like a pointless beast with teeth, nothing at all like Giger intended, whose paintings I do find impressive.

I like pictures of the alien where it's shrouded in darkness and mystery.  You can't see all of it, you can't see it's entire anatomy, you can't see really much besides what you need to see.  That's the kind of Alien I like, because it restores the original feel of the Aliens.   

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

WOW! book two Nightmare Asylum looks awsome!

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Neon_Knight on Apr 26, 2009, 02:39:58 PM
Does anybody else think the AVP shots are actually not very good?

They just don't impress me at all.  Completely the wrong style, completely the wrong feel, and it just looks like a pointless beast with teeth, nothing at all like Giger intended, whose paintings I do find impressive.

I like pictures of the alien where it's shrouded in darkness and mystery.  You can't see all of it, you can't see it's entire anatomy, you can't see really much besides what you need to see.  That's the kind of Alien I like, because it restores the original feel of the Aliens.   

That's what I really like too. In those pictures the Alien is the most wonderous and awe-inspiring. I'm going to a film school in about another year, and since I already live in Hollywood, I am going to make an attempt to break into that industry. God, what I'd do to direct an Alien movie. Or a Predator movie. Wish me luck. ;D

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

Quote from: Punisher on Apr 22, 2009, 01:57:09 AM
What do you think of these pictures?

Never seen these before, pretty sweet work.

Secret Hero

Secret Hero

^I like picture number one. :D

XenoVC

XenoVC

happypred

happypred

Hart

Hart

My favourite ones from the films:

THE WORST! EVEN WORSE THAN AVP ALIEN:

It just looks so shit, no jaw, too thin.

xenoslayer

xenoslayer

but it looks really scary though IMO

SM

SM

It has a jaw...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed