Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 410,513 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Lmao!!!

Darwinsgirl

These are Great!

I think the one of Ripley coming down the ladder is her stand in. You can see the wire coming off the flame thrower. So Ridley had  Sigourney do it sans wire.

Love the Veronica shot. Also the one with Tom & John!

Voodoo Magic

Wow, those are all so great!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Aug 17, 2019, 11:50:41 AM
I think the one of Ripley coming down the ladder is her stand in. You can see the wire coming off the flame thrower. So Ridley had  Sigourney do it sans wire.

Could well be. Her hair looks a bit different and it would have been a bit risky for a principle cast member to climb down a ladder one-handed while holding a burning torch in the other!

The Old One

The Old One

Beautiful, pictures, really truly.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 17, 2019, 12:43:45 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Aug 17, 2019, 11:50:41 AM

Could well be. Her hair looks a bit different and it would have been a bit risky for a principle cast member to climb down a ladder one-handed while holding a burning torch in the other!

Yes! Sigourney said as much. In one of the magazines I have she mentions this. And she also has mentioned it in a recorded interview that I saw on here. Thanks to J.W. Rinzler's book I now know the names of the stand ins. I just don't know who was who's stand in. Sigourney's or Veronica. 

Also Martin Bower mentions that it was a stand in that was prepping the shuttle when you see it projected through the shuttle's window. Its on the Anthology set or Quadrilogy.

TheSailingRabbit

Every time I go back to the first few pages of this thread, it seems like more and more pictures are disappearing. :'(

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 19, 2019, 01:25:20 PM
Every time I go back to the first few pages of this thread, it seems like more and more pictures are disappearing. :'(

Frick'n Thanos...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

We should actually find a way to upload the images to AVPG's server for better posterity. You can sort of already do that via an attachment but it's not embedded and only members can see it, so not really ideal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RcW6qAL_j/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1TNMgbA-Lb/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Vx_iIHQqq/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1WBVDLng_Y/

Corporal Hicks

I'll go through and save them all off IG at some point.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, but it will be a constant workload for you then as people add more images. Might be easier to ask Darkness if Simple Machines has an option to save any image linked to on the web on the AVPG server as well. I've seen many forums with that option for it's members.

Elmazalman

That's a nice shot of Brett.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 19, 2019, 03:58:03 PM
Yeah, but it will be a constant workload for you then as people add more images. Might be easier to ask Darkness if Simple Machines has an option to save any image linked to on the web on the AVPG server as well. I've seen many forums with that option for it's members.

I don't think it'd work that way. Even if there was a tool that saves linked images, you have to manually go into the code of IG posts to rip the image URL out. You're not linking directly to IG images. I don't think he'd want that kind of function anyway. We don't want to save every single image being linked to here.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Elmazalman on Aug 21, 2019, 11:16:01 PM
That's a nice shot if Brett.

Agress...the Ripley one looks posed nice smile though. I like seeing close ups of the work vehicles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed