Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 411,492 times)

Wweyland

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 08, 2018, 04:09:22 PM
^
I've also posted high-res versions of those in the Covenant art thread Ingwar.

Some detailed photographs of the shuttle seen at Gateway station in Aliens. You can see a Le Mans Porsche model kit in there as well as bits from a Macross/Robotech kit. #kitbashing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dhgef6GW4AIq7le.jpg

Thanks. I always thought this ship was a slightly modified version of the USCM dropship but actually its quite different.
I think this was called an utility or maintenance craft for the station?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The tails look similar and yeah it was supposed to be one of the station's maintenance shuttles. Don't ask why it has guns though...  :laugh:

There was also a second ship that was scavenged from a Gerry Anderson show called Terrahawks:

And here is the maintenance shuttle broken down to it's original components:

Bad Replicant

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 08, 2018, 04:09:22 PM
^
I've also posted high-res versions of those in the Covenant art thread Ingwar.

Some detailed photographs of the shuttle seen at Gateway station in Aliens. You can see a Le Mans Porsche model kit in there as well as bits from a Macross/Robotech kit. #kitbashing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dhgef6GW4AIq7le.jpg

I love that ship.

Vermillion

Macross and Aliens. 

Awesome

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2018, 11:33:12 AM

32 years of Aliens!

I went though the Aliens LaserDisc archive a while back and learned some interesting trivia about that poster - it was designed by Cameron himself, but was never actually used at the time of release (the plain black one with the Aliens logo was the film's theatrical poster). It's only since that it's become so widely used.

Bad Replicant

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 15, 2018, 09:51:51 AM

32 years of Aliens!

I went though the Aliens LaserDisc archive a while back and learned some interesting trivia about that poster - it was designed by Cameron himself, but was never actually used at the time of release (the plain black one with the Aliens logo was the film's theatrical poster). It's only since that it's become so widely used.

Nice bit of trivia there, never knew that about it. The light coming from the eggs is *chef kiss*

I posted this a while back (and I WILL do it again) but this VHS cover will always be in my heart.

FiorinaFury161

^I as well, will always have this exact pic as the ALIENS memory forever

Elmazalman

32 years of Aliens!

I like this alternate poster design. I think it may have been used to promote the SE version of the film? When the SE was released in 1991/92, I remember this poster was everywhere.

SM

32 years of Aliens!

I remember that image being widely used for promotions in 1986.  Particularly as the cover for the soundtrack.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Can't remember if these have ever been published before?

Still Collating...

I so love that look of the refinery.

Huggs

Looks like Bob Ross went nuts with that titanium white again.

Corporal Hicks

62 today.

FiorinaFury161

You age well ;)

Vermillion

Not bad for a Grunt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed