Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 409,820 times)

FiorinaFury161

So many great delivered lines from Mr. Dutton! Happy bday!

Corporal Hicks

It would have been his 71st birthday today.

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Such a shame about Tip.

FiorinaFury161

The most important pic in the ALIENS film (imo):

Fear, innocence, shock and "weapons are of little use here" all rolled into one photo.

Elmazalman

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 19, 2017, 03:19:59 AM
The most important pic in the ALIENS film (imo):

Fear, innocence, shock and "weapons are of little use here" all rolled into one photo.
A classic image from a classic film. One of the earliest images I ever saw associated with the film when first released.

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 19, 2017, 06:05:03 AM
A classic image from a classic film. One of the earliest images I ever saw associated with the film when first released.

Always reminds me of the VHS cover, probably one of the first images I saw as well.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 19, 2017, 06:05:03 AMOne of the earliest images I ever saw associated with the film when first released.

It was on the theatrical poster :)

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 20, 2017, 09:14:40 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 19, 2017, 06:05:03 AMOne of the earliest images I ever saw associated with the film when first released.

It was on the theatrical poster :)
I think I first saw it on the cover of the novelisation?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Feb 19, 2017, 10:26:22 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 19, 2017, 06:05:03 AM

Always reminds me of the VHS cover, probably one of the first images I saw as well.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71FQV3EDSSL.gif http://s.ecrater.com/stores/55946/4c607a37efac3_55946n.jpg

Aye, it was on my VHS too. I wish I'd still got those old VHS.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 20, 2017, 10:20:12 AMI think I first saw it on the cover of the novelisation?

I'm pretty sure the original publication had that plain black-with-Aliens-logo cover, but they may well have done an edition that used that image. Given that it's pretty much the main promo image associated with the film, I wouldn't be surprised!

FiorinaFury161

This was the VHS cover that I remember seeing first:

windebieste

I have the US edition of the book, which was published by Warner Books, the one that you describe. 

The cover of the US edition may easily have differed from the UK edition.  Happens all the time. 

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 20, 2017, 11:35:20 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 20, 2017, 10:20:12 AMI think I first saw it on the cover of the novelisation?

I'm pretty sure the original publication had that plain black-with-Aliens-logo cover, but they may well have done an edition that used that image. Given that it's pretty much the main promo image associated with the film, I wouldn't be surprised!
This is what I remember seeing in a bookstore back in 1986 :

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed