Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 410,525 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 23, 2015, 10:58:35 PM
Image not showing for me.

I've uploaded the image to a different host, is it visible for you yet Mr. Jockey?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Yep! I see it now, thanks.

I appreciate your determination in this discussion, and excuse my stubbornness, but I don't think that's a yellow paintjob so much as a yellow stripe, with a number on it.  I've sometimes browsed boards on propsummit.com and come across their discussions on the nitty gritty intricacies on the Nostromo... and here are their replica Nostromo landing legs

For some reason their numbering is black, not white.  So maybe it's not completely reliable.  Their model also seems to miss the yellow on the piston that connects the "toe" to the main 4 cylinders, however...but that seems to be it, in terms of the yellowness, both on the model and in that still.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 23, 2015, 11:14:08 PM
Yep! I see it now, thanks.

I appreciate your determination in this discussion, and excuse my stubbornness, but I don't think that's a yellow paintjob so much as a yellow stripe, with a number on it.  I've sometimes browsed boards on propsummit.com and come across their discussions on the nitty gritty intricacies on the Nostromo... and here are their replica Nostromo landing legs

For some reason their numbering is black, not white.  So maybe it's not completely reliable.  Their model also seems to miss the yellow on the piston that connects the "toe" to the main 4 cylinders, however...but that seems to be it, in terms of the yellowness, both on the model and in that still.

Yes, I've seen Joberg's model and it's very nice but it's still not 100% accurate. Not only should the pistons also be yellow but the entire foot as well. I'll be happy to give you that certain areas may well be metallic or grey but it's still mostly yellow. Trust me.  ;)

Gotta love AvP Galaxy though, where one can spend hours discussing the minutia of ancillary hardware barely seen in the film!  :P

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 23, 2015, 11:08:21 PMI've uploaded the image to a different host, is it visible for you yet Mr. Jockey?

But that's just a yellow stripe around the strut. You can literally see where it begins and ends. The rest isn't yellow.

None of the previous pictures were all that convincing either. They just look grey or brown.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 23, 2015, 11:23:23 PM
Gotta love AvP Galaxy though, where one can spend hours discussing the minutia of ancillary hardware barely seen in the film!  :P

It's for the love of the franchise.  :)

You can see a dirty yellow on the top of the strut, by the wind guards (I guess) . But no, having seen the rest of the pictures it's not too convincing. It mostly just looks like a dirty copper metal on the struts.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 24, 2015, 07:43:24 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 23, 2015, 11:08:21 PMI've uploaded the image to a different host, is it visible for you yet Mr. Jockey?

But that's just a yellow stripe around the strut. You can literally see where it begins and ends. The rest isn't yellow.

None of the previous pictures were all that convincing either. They just look grey or brown.

This discussion reminds me of that photograph of the wedding dress that went viral earlier this year.  :P

You guys are probably not compensating for the studio lighting though.

Now, as a little experiment, please identify the colour of the truck on the right in this picture:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 24, 2015, 11:38:00 AMYou guys are probably not compensating for the studio lighting though.

Kinda like how everyone thinks the Pulse Rifles were green, when in fact they were brown.

Still, doesn't change the fact it doesn't look yellow in the film, or those photos, to me.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 24, 2015, 12:01:56 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 24, 2015, 11:38:00 AMYou guys are probably not compensating for the studio lighting though.

Kinda like how everyone thinks the Pulse Rifles were green, when in fact they were brown.

Yup, the APC and Dropship were also Humbrol Bess Brown by the way.

QuoteStill, doesn't change the fact it doesn't look yellow in the film, or those photos, to me.

Do you see?! DO YOU SEE!?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

A few more from Facebook recently.

Nabbed from Strange Shapes. Carrie Henn at Alien War.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Have not done an Alien one yet so here goes nothing hope it is ok what do you guys think?

This is my favorite:

????????????????????

Corporal Hicks

xeno_alpha_07

I thought it was from the first game.  Been a while since I've played either to be honest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed