Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 02, 2018, 10:23:48 PM

Author
Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5 (Read 86,875 times)

Kradan

Rejoice, Blomkamp haters !

Nightmare Asylum

And also, "Blomkamp likers who just happen to not have been fond of his particular take on Alien based on what we've seen of it."

judge death

After what we seen Im happy we didnt get this aliens v2 fanmovie.

Kradan

I was hyperbolic btw

Drukathi

Drukathi

I think, Blomkamp had a potential. I like his direction and films. And Alien 5 looked promising. Technically he could be a second Carpenter as a legendary storyteller.

BUT!

Blomkamp made a mistake. He started and stuck (and finished the career) with his African trilogy about poverty, inequality, class struggle and blah-blah-blah. Not surprisingly, people began to think that he couldn't film anything else. And his works were less and less successful. Again, because people don't want watch third times one film about blah-blah-blah.

And guess what? After Chappie (tbh better than D9 for me) his first indie film was again about beggars in rags vs alien invasion. I'm more than sure - Alien 5 also was about these themes.

I vote for Blomkamp only for a true Aliens sequel. But I don't care who will do it in the end: Blomkamp, Walter Hill or someone else.

Local Trouble

Rankles75

Film's clearly not going to happen, but no reason why we can't get a graphic novel down the line.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 19, 2021, 06:00:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8zuLUNyVK4
Beat me to the cake  :laugh: . This wasn't the crossover that I was expected but doesn't surprise me Rogan likes Aliens  :D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Leaving aside the resurrected characters and the Kenner suit, it looked compelling enough to want to learn more about the script.

Quote from: Drukathi on Aug 19, 2021, 02:38:07 PM
Blomkamp made a mistake. He started and stuck (and finished the career) with his African trilogy about poverty, inequality, class struggle and blah-blah-blah. Not surprisingly, people began to think that he couldn't film anything else. And his works were less and less successful. Again, because people don't want watch third times one film about blah-blah-blah.

Rakka is a lizard-people mod for District 9.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 20, 2021, 05:26:57 AM
Leaving aside the resurrected characters and the Kenner suit

I literally, physically, cannot leave these aside.

Some Old Dude

I had absolutely no interest in Aliens: The Force Awakens so I'm glad that movie died. But, but if Neill Blomkamp and William Gibson (They interact a fair bit on social media) where to team on an original Alien movie I'd be pretty keen.

T Dog

I have no problem with Blompkamp doing an original Alien movie; but f**k no to the alternative Alien 3 thank you.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 19, 2021, 11:10:44 PM
Beat me to the cake  :laugh: . This wasn't the crossover that I was expected but doesn't surprise me Rogan likes Aliens  :D

From that video clip I took the opposite, that Rogan isn't much of a fan of Aliens but Blomkamp is, where Rogan complains in Aliens that the Alien is much easier to kill, yada yada yada, overlooking the context of the Nostromo crew was just a bunch of unarmed blue-collar workers... or Ripley was able to penetrate the Aliens hide with a small grappling hook - no explosive tipped ammo necessary. Same ol' song.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

426Buddy

Yeah I didn't care for Rogen's take of on the series myself.

T Dog

Listening to the full Rogan interview, Neil is a really interesting guy with a lot of interesting ideas. He just needs a few more collaborators to help him with the scripts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed