More Info on Underwater Scene

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2007, 05:44:26 PM

Author
More Info on Underwater Scene (Read 12,994 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Remember 'Aliens'? One swam along perfectly happy to get to Newt.  Remember 'Predator'? One swam along perfectly happy to get to Dutch.  Both already took place. :)

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Ash in ALIEN said that the aliens can adapt to its environment, so maybe they can learn how to swim

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

???   jesus christ not another under water scene! thats all we need! Alien Rez repo or what!

Ermac

Ermac

Not only that, but CGI Aliens alert!!!

pmaz11

pmaz11

well I dont think that theres gonna be a alien and predator fight underwater neccesarily.....i'd imagine that the aliens swim or somethin underwater and the predator might do what he did in predator 1 (after dutch gets to shore and the predator jumps in the water and comes up). So the predator might do that, but i dont think aliens and predators will actually be swimming underwater and fighting at the same time.

Corporal Hicks

Re: Hicks Well if you remember, ADI designed the Aliens specifically so they could swim. Which is why they have the different tail design.

ButtZilla

ButtZilla

The more I hear it the more it sounds like a good action movie    ;D    Let's all hope yo!

ILovJesus

ILovJesus

man i hope in d end da pred kills da queen, n has its skull, like da 1 in da comic book. Dat would be so COOL!!! but i still like aliens beter, even if da pred wins.... PREDATOR CARRYIN OUT AN ALIEN QUEEN'S HEAD IN D END(I WISH). DAT WOULD BE AWESUM!!!!

Banman

Banman

I remember Ash saying that the adaptation to any environment was on a cellular level, not a natural (for fish, certain mamals and reptilians) or acquired, learned skill (for humans)...  For them to naturally swin, they would have to have gills, membranes, certains characteristics which would enable them to swim...

avpguy

avpguy

i hope the pred can swim because i think the mask can also be a portable oxygen tank for the pred so he can swim underwater longer and the alien is a thing that adapts alot but i do think that the aliens will be like A4 but not as bad lookin. But the question is 4 me, Can the facehugger swim?Chestburster?

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Remember, ALIENS can also last in space for a period of time.

Steve

Steve

Im all for swimming aliens but i was happy with the alien swimming motion in resurection.  I have no idea why they went with the up and down motion instead of a side to side which makes more sence and more realistic.  I remeber hearing that they got it from this lizard but i dont know of any lizard that swims in a up and down motion when they have a long flat tail as they did in resurection.

Lycanus

Lycanus

2 things: first the preds are considered the greatest and most veristile hunters in the universe, so they would look threatining in a clown suit on a unicycle. second the xenomorphs are not a reptilian or mammilian species as was noted in several comics and books so they wouldn't swim like any thing weve ever seen. i think tat i t is going to be awsome no matter how or what is shot in the movie. the only thing is i would love to hear the yautja speaking to one another in the movie with subtitiles and all. anyway later

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Banman, human beings can swim, but we don't have gills... In any case, you're assuming these creatures have any need to breathe air. :)

Banman

Banman

All I was saying was that swimming is a learned skill for us, humans... Unlike fish, some mammals and reptiles who have a morphology adquated to those environments...  A xenomorph would not swim because of Ripley's DNA, it would have to have a built-in morphology thta would enable it t swim like it did on Alien Resurrection...  Also, all I was saying too was that Ash said that the xenomorphs adapted to any hostile environment because they had the 'strangest habit' of replacing dead cells with polarised silicon', not because they automatically knew how to swim and fly... These 'skills' are not cellular related, UNLESS they have a reptilian or fish morphology, hence the gills, membranes, etc...  We swim because we learn how to... we learn to cordinate arms and legs to swim... It is not an inate skill... That is why Aliens could never swim because of the DNA mix...  And you are also assuming that they don't... We just don't know... But we know the swimming ability for humans is not inate, deep in our DNA... It is a learned skill... So AR made a huge mistake, though the underwater sequences were kinda cool...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed