Aliens Colonial Marines Q&A with Gearbox Software

Started by ikarop, Jan 25, 2012, 03:03:37 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Q&A with Gearbox Software (Read 44,588 times)

ikarop

Thanks! But no worries. I'm aware of the known stuff  :).

newbeing

Will the emotions of AI marines be dynamic during combat? Will we see marines randomly panicking and running from battle?

What kind of, if any, DLC is being considered?

Corporate Merc

Can you aim down the sights for better accuracy?

Viscus

Can we get a multiplayer Demo?  ;D

How will the multiplayer in a vs scenario work out? Will it be Marines vs Marines? Or will we actually get to play as special aliens? It is well known that the multiplayer side of things usually makes the games life a lot longer.

Can you feed us anything more to wetten our taste buds. Like another cinematic or 2? Or perhaps another 20 min game play video of the beginning.

Will it actually keep up with the idea of horror? Or will it be more of an action game? Keep in mind I mean real horror like the first movie. It needs to be more horror style than cinematic (In my opinion).

Can you release any info on the other Alien game that is under construction? The one that is supposed to be rival to the likes of Dead Space. I really am looking forward to that!  :D

Stringer2355

Since ACM is being delayed until Fall 2012, will ACM be playable at E3 2012 ?

Why the delay ?

Effectz

Quote from: Stringer on Jan 26, 2012, 03:14:26 PM
Since ACM is being delayed until Fall 2012, will ACM be playable at E3 2012 ?

Why the delay ?

This please.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

What will be the difficulty curb? Will it be beginner friendly or is it for the hardcore crowd?

Will the Runner from Alien 3 make a cameo (even if only as an enemy grunt or mini boss)?

How will the mechanics on acid blood be done here? Will it just drain health or will it cause permanent damage to the player and/or environment or something along those lines?

Are there any super secret easter eggs for 100% completion like the Insomniac Museum in the Ratchet and Clank games (like say a photo of the original xenomorph from Alien at Disney Land? :P)?

predxeno

Ask about the Autumn release date and whether or not it's official.

Bio Mech Hunter

This is nice and all from a purely informational stand point, but what we really should be getting is an opportunity to get the dev to understand what exactly their fan base desires (authenticity, game-play mechanics, etc.) and our concerns over what we know and have scene of the game up to this point in time. This never seems to help with the development process and lord knows it usually needs to (case in point - AVP). They never listen.

HybridNewborn

1. I've seen the term "A True Sequel to Aliens" thrown around a lot in interviews. Is it your intent to disregard Alien 3, or are you simply referring to the tone and feel of Aliens as opposed to continuity?

2. Given that Prometheus is coming out in relative proximity to your title, have you had to change any plans for the game to be more in line with what Prometheus brings to the universe?

RogueYaujta

The simplest question of them all: When can we actually expect to get our hands on this game? Seriously.

WinterActual

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Jan 26, 2012, 01:44:23 PM
Can you aim down the sights for better accuracy?
Yes. This was confirmed for a long time.

Bamozore

Hello,

Here comes my questions:

- We will see the egg on the Sulaco ? And we see it , will there be an explanation ?

Roargathor

Will players be able to play as the Aliens during Multilayer?

If so, will you be exploring different game modes like for instance a hive defense/rescue the humans mode?  It would be amazing to have a game mode that had seperate objectives for humans and aliens.  Aliens would defend the hive and cocoon hosts, marines would rescue hosts before impregnation and possibly kill the queen to win.  I feel that in prior aliens games the hive aspects have been largely ignored.  Will we be seeing more emphasis on the aliens hive structure with the queens egg layer and chamber? 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed