Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 75,578 times)

crumbs

Yeah, I get the feeling that the groundwork for the game was so buggy, that they couldn't risk total customisation in multiplayer. Thus they decided on restricted game modes and focused solely on them, to limit the number of bugs and glitches.

How sad, AVP2 managed to accomplish it 8 years ago.

i guess that is a risk they took using a brand new engine. why couldn't they just use UE3 :( it wouldn't have looked as good, but it would have been so much more stable.

Alfredtrek88

Alfredtrek88

Quote from: crumbs on Mar 12, 2010, 09:11:11 AM
Sorry, but this has to be the STUPIDEST decision in the whole game (of which there are many).

No. The dumbest decision was replacing Evac mode with crap mode Domination. Bleh.

Actually..no. The dumbest thing was not giving players enough control of their own matches. The more options you can choose from, the better, I wish they would open up a lot more stuff. Like being able to choose what kind of weapons are avaible, for example, I hate playing Predator Hunt while everyone fight off for the Smartgun.

That weapon is just overkill for that mode.

Anyway. Maybe they will give us more options in a future patch...and maybe Evac will make a come back as DLC.

Hopefully.

BENDIDAT

Well that would be to easy i mean the aliens can see the preds but the marines cant so i think thats why. BUT i bet the game would be that much better. I agree with you there would be a better game with preds in Domination Mde

crumbs

I just reckon three-way Domination would be killer fun. Something totally fresh. Why are there Predator energy sources scattered throughout all the Domination maps if Predators aren't able to play?? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

And if it was because Preds will just mine spam the control points, just make the mines unavailable in all the Domination maps. Crikey.

spinksy

I do agree - I was kinda gutted that you can't be predators in domination too.

MadAlice

MadAlice

I agree as well. It's rather limiting.

crumbs

crumbs

It's laughable really: the game is called 'Aliens vs Predator', but Rebellion seemed intent on limiting that scenario, both in single and multiplayer. The only multiplayer modes where Aliens and Preds go head to head are the Deathmatch variations, and you don't face a single Pred in the Alien campaign till the very end.

MadAlice

MadAlice

I don't want to reply with my true feelings on this, but I will say it's prolly gonna be a DLC "feature".

Crainy

It really sucks that we cant really change the game options, i want to play surviver as predators and want to hunt aliens with marines in infestation.

VEF214

VEF214

Okay, Infestation needs some serious tweaking to stop every round being over in under five minutes. Here's what I suggest.

1.) Normal stim spawns
2.) Increase spawn for Aliens when Alien count increases

1 Alien = 0 second
2 Aliens = 1 second
3 Aliens = 2 seconds

3.) Replace half of the PR spawns with Shotguns

Infestation would also be a good mode for some map interactivity. Tap into consoles (ala Republic Commando) for twenty seconds and open a door leading into another room. Turn on electric fences, enable sentry turrets, even close doors. Infestation as it is now is just all Marines go to the one good defensive position on the map and wait to die. Kinda lame. Could have been 1,000x better.

Brother

Brother

Or add rounds via setting in the config file (like AvP2's Survivor), the player with most points at the end of the map wins.

crumbs

crumbs

That's right, AVP2 had rounds in its Infestation equivalent, Survivor. I forgot about that, it worked great and certainly made it more competitve in that final round, as everyone was vying for final positions.

It'd also make the randomised Alien at the start of the round a bit fairer, as more people would have to go alien first, instead of just one unlucky person who has no hope of winning.

Brother

Brother

Yup, let's say on 5 people in the server - 1 alien, if there are 10+ people - 2 aliens etc. And different players are selected to spawn as an alien every round.

VEF214

VEF214

A free new version of Gateway should be released for Infestation.

The terminals / consoles you hacked into in the campaign could be brought over into multiplayer for the Marines to use.

1.) Closes the main gate
2.) Turns the electric fence on
3.) Closes the door to the right (when facing the gate)
4.) Opens B02's outside door (more doors within could be opened / closed / destroyed)
5.) Opens B03's outside door (more doors within could be opened / closed / destroyed)
6.) Opens B04's outside door (more doors within could be opened / closed / destroyed)
7.) Opens the main command center (B01) door (more doors within could be opened / closed / destroyed)
8.) Turns on all the lights within the compound and inside the buildings (located within command center)
9.) Enable sentry turrets (computer located behind sentry turrets, once enabled cannot be disabled, able to be permanently destroyed by Aliens)

Doors

30 Alien tail hits and the prompt to open appears.

Once prompt to open appears for Aliens, door becomes unusable by Marines.

Once Alien rips open door it becomes destroyed permanently.

All doors could be destroyed besides the main gate.

Short timer to prevent door spamming.

Vents

Bring back the vents within the buildings and the underground sewer vents. In function, they would be similar to the holes in the floor on Pyramid. Just bring it over from the Alien campaign and add it.

A.I. Marines

A.I. Marines could even be placed within the buildings to help guard them. One on the bottom floor of B01, one on the top floor of B01, one on the bottom floor of B02, one on the top floor of B02, one in B03, and one in B04, all armed with Pulse Rifles or Shotguns. We have Survivor mode, so we can't we have Marines simply stand guard at designated locations and fire at will at any Aliens they detect?

Smartgun Spawns

Bring them back.

Stim Spawns

Bring them back.

Generators

Instead of Aliens destroying each light individually, the two outside generators could be disabled instead.

Explosive Canisters

Scatter a few of them around outside for some explosive fun?

Sentry Turrets

Disabled at the start. One just outside the command center door, one angled down the tunnel / corridor to the right, and the final one facing towards the wrecked Marlow ship.

Options

Don't want sentry turrets? Disable them.

Want A.I. Marines? Enable them.

Give us more options. We have none whatsoever right now.
_____

On each map, there are about one to three could spots to hold out on for Infestation. Instead of backing into a corner, I want more. All that above^ is what I want.

None of this will happen, but I can still dream.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed