NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 824,086 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well the giant tongue of this albino alien makes it look as if it's been infected by the vampiric parasite from Guillermo Del Torro's The Strain, and perhaps it has just sucked someone dry going by the reddish colours running through it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 29, 2016, 11:45:38 PM
Drsmuts, im actually planning on building three four tier glass cabinets for my neca figures. One themed for Aliens, one themed for Engineers and one themed for Predators. Each shelf will display a different diorama with its own title and custom lighting and backgrounds. Unfortunately since Neca's figures are so big i've been having to constantly make compromises by changing my list of figures and think of different diorama schemes. As of now, i have no plans to include any marines from Aliens. I do, however, have plans for any Kenner tribute marines and aliens Neca has planned in the near future for one diorama i'm calling Bio-Mechanoids. As for this series, well, i always considered the blue warrior aliens i bought to be the drones while my black and brown aliens serve as warrior types sooo this albino alien will probably go to Bio-Mechanoids just because the theme is kenner marines vs Aliens that come from different host types in a ravaged lab complex corridor.

Positives though? Hell yeah these figures are a must buy for any Aliens fan with room in their collection. I'm especially relieved they have straight faces. One of my biggest problems with the two versions of Hicks and Hudson that were produced was that the facial expressions were all wrong, with the exception of helmetless Hicks i suppose. In my opinion, Hicks with helmet should have had a straight face, one Hudson should have had a straight face with helmet and the other Hudson with helmet should have had the panick attack face. Heres hoping Neca gets it right by making ultimate versions of Hicks and Hudson with straight faces for the true Aliens fans who deserve it.
I didn't buy any of the Hicks figures, but I love the "scared shitless" Hudson. It's hilarious and instantly identifiable as Bill Paxton in 'Aliens'.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 30, 2016, 02:55:37 PM
Drsmuts, im actually planning on building three four tier glass cabinets for my neca figures. One themed for Aliens, one themed for Engineers and one themed for Predators. Each shelf will display a different diorama with its own title and custom lighting and backgrounds. Unfortunately since Neca's figures are so big i've been having to constantly make compromises by changing my list of figures and think of different diorama schemes. As of now, i have no plans to include any marines from Aliens. I do, however, have plans for any Kenner tribute marines and aliens Neca has planned in the near future for one diorama i'm calling Bio-Mechanoids. As for this series, well, i always considered the blue warrior aliens i bought to be the drones while my black and brown aliens serve as warrior types sooo this albino alien will probably go to Bio-Mechanoids just because the theme is kenner marines vs Aliens that come from different host types in a ravaged lab complex corridor.

Positives though? Hell yeah these figures are a must buy for any Aliens fan with room in their collection. I'm especially relieved they have straight faces. One of my biggest problems with the two versions of Hicks and Hudson that were produced was that the facial expressions were all wrong, with the exception of helmetless Hicks i suppose. In my opinion, Hicks with helmet should have had a straight face, one Hudson should have had a straight face with helmet and the other Hudson with helmet should have had the panick attack face. Heres hoping Neca gets it right by making ultimate versions of Hicks and Hudson with straight faces for the true Aliens fans who deserve it.
I didn't buy any of the Hicks figures, but I love the "scared shitless" Hudson. It's hilarious and instantly identifiable as Bill Paxton in 'Aliens'.
Who was the seller then for the Isolation xeno?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Searching for 'stucco gun' gets me this:

http://s41.photobucket.com/user/benroninc/media/hoppersideshort.jpg.html
http://www.benron.com/stucco%20sprayer/30-200%20DX.jpg

Going by that script description, I think Cameron just meant a hose-like tip for spraying the resin over walls, in place of inner jaws. Not some kind of massive elephant trunk-length arrangement.

Also, even if it retracted partially inside the head or thorax, it looks like the primary jaws would have to stay permanently open.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 30, 2016, 06:50:18 PM

Oh sorry, it was this listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301908831901

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 01, 2016, 06:39:21 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 30, 2016, 06:50:18 PM

Oh sorry, it was this listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301908831901
Thanks. Different seller to who I ordered from.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 30, 2016, 08:40:43 PM

Going by that script description, I think Cameron just meant a hose-like tip for spraying the resin over walls, in place of inner jaws. Not some kind of massive elephant trunk-length arrangement.

Also, even if it retracted partially inside the head or thorax, it looks like the primary jaws would have to stay permanently open.

Yeah, I don't believe Cameron ever intended it to be that big. That's just an embellishment on NECA's part.

Otter

Otter

I like it.  I had no intention of getting any figure that wasn't in Aliens, but the design of this, even if it strays from the source material (unrealised mind you), is strong enough to warrant a place in my collection.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 01, 2016, 11:20:42 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 30, 2016, 08:40:43 PM

Yeah, I don't believe Cameron ever intended it to be that big. That's just an embellishment on NECA's part.

Stucco guns are connected to hoses.

The thing that annoys me is that they didnt make it smaller. Yeah, they kept it tall because it saves them a ton of money but this is really in-your-face about it.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 01, 2016, 03:54:11 PM
Stucco guns are connected to hoses.

The thing that annoys me is that they didnt make it smaller. Yeah, they kept it tall because it saves them a ton of money but this is really in-your-face about it.

Oh, it's the attachment? Hah! They really should have made it shorter, then!

And now you mention it, I believe they were described as smaller creatures, too. At least, in the book.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Yep they were. I just finished listening to the William Hope narrated version earlier today & it did say the drones in the hive were mini versions of the normal warriors.

I hope Neca gets the license to do Burke one day too. It would be nice to have the entire Alien & Aliens cast. Hell, I hope they even start doing some of the prisoners from Alien 3. At least a Dillion & Clemens would be cool, maybe "85" as well.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I won't be satisfied until I have Simpson and Lydecker chilling on my shelf.  >:(

Otter

Otter

Ha!

I'd really like Burke, but I don't think that will ever happen.  Maybe as part of a two pack with a Ripley variant.

I think Drake has a good chance, and while I'd like to see all the marines made, I'm really hoping for Ferro (all geared up) as well.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Otter on May 02, 2016, 08:23:42 PM
Ha!

I'd really like Burke, but I don't think that will ever happen.  Maybe as part of a two pack with a Ripley variant.

I think Drake has a good chance, and while I'd like to see all the marines made, I'm really hoping for Ferro (all geared up) as well.

A Ferro would be awesome! Her, Spunkmeyer, Dietrich, Weirzbowski. I think Drake has a good chance of happening as well with Vasquez out now. A Dropship would be really nice as well but hefty on price no doubt if they made it big enough for a figure to fit in.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

I'm sorry for the double post, but there was an editing issue with my previous video review. Here's the fixed version!

Can't wait for Frost and Vasquez. They look awesome. The detail and paint is spot on. The concept figure has a great backstory but I do not like the way they are doing it. The scale is incorrect. The tongue thing looks hideous. I don't think it's accurate. Will I buy it? Yes. Will I be 100% satisfied? No. Just being honest. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed