NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,827 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I bought the Alien Isolation xenomorph figure from an ebay seller in China, new in the packaging, and it just arrived today. The lower jaw is visibly all cockeyed in the packaging, which is kind of a disappointment given how long I waited for it to get here.

Anyone have any experience with NECA's customer service with this sort of stuff? I haven't even opened the packaging yet, and I'm hesitant to complain to the eBay seller partly because he's Chinese and doesn't speak English, partly because I really don't want to wait for the turnaround time of mailing the figure back and getting a replacement just for that replacement to potentially be defective too (and the associated hassle in getting reimbursed on shipping fees, etc), and partly because it's not the eBay seller's fault - it's NECA's fault, the figure is visibly messed up in the packaging and it's not due to improper shipping or anything like that.

Otter

Otter

Are there any knockoffs known to be coming out of China?

I bought a set of black and white Ninja Turtles from a seller in China and they all turned yellow.  I figure they were a cheaply made knockoff... but I can't be certain.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Apparently there are quite a few Chinese knock-offs. You can try Tweeting the NECA account, he'll be able to pass any opinion and point you too the Customer Service account.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Otter on Apr 29, 2016, 09:35:22 AM

I bought a set of black and white Ninja Turtles from a seller in China and they all turned yellow.  I figure they were a cheaply made knockoff... but I can't be certain.
Was yours new in the packaging, though?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 29, 2016, 09:43:04 AM
Apparently there are quite a few Chinese knock-offs. You can try Tweeting the NECA account, he'll be able to pass any opinion and point you too the Customer Service account.
I sent them a tweet yesterday evening and didn't get a response. :( I'll shoot him another tweet now.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 29, 2016, 12:50:52 PM

I sent them a tweet yesterday evening and didn't get a response. :( I'll shoot him another tweet now.
What seller did you buy from?
I bought from a Hong Kong seller. Awaiting my delivery, their feedback was high and their Neca feedbacks were fine.

Otter

Otter

Yup.  Sure was.  Still is.  Pulled it out of storage a couple of years later.  All the limbs had yellowed.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 29, 2016, 01:32:22 PM

I bought from a Hong Kong seller. Awaiting my delivery, their feedback was high and their Neca feedbacks were fine.
I'll get the exact seller name when I get home.

Anyway I took a gamble and opened the figure up and was able to straighten the jaw out (the lower jaw had popped loose from the socket, I've had it happen with other NECA Aliens). All the joints are tight, paint apps are good, if it's a bootleg then it's a really high-quality one.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 29, 2016, 03:17:33 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 29, 2016, 01:32:22 PM

I'll get the exact seller name when I get home.

Anyway I took a gamble and opened the figure up and was able to straighten the jaw out (the lower jaw had popped loose from the socket, I've had it happen with other NECA Aliens). All the joints are tight, paint apps are good, if it's a bootleg then it's a really high-quality one.
Cool that's good to hear.
The thing about Neca is the products are made in China anyway and the bootlegs are made from the legit factory molds.
Even official Neca products have manufacturing defaults anyway, my face-huggered Kane has wet paint issues which is a problem across the board for that particular figure.

Darkness

Darkness

NECA's released an image of their Frost figure.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/726107310385422337

Part of Series 9 for August release.

And I don't know what this is based on:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/726108608916774912

drsmuts

drsmuts

Aliens albino drone from original Aliens script.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I talked about it in that last recording. The tongue was for making hive gunk.

Darkness

Darkness

It wasn't supposed to be that big though, was it?

And I didn't know it had a really long tongue.

I don't know if you've played Starcraft, but I always pictured those drones as the creatures that harvest minerals and gas for the Zerg. They look a little like big facehuggers.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Don't think I dig that Albino Alien at all. Tongue is just weird & seems overly long. If they're gonna go that far & start making toys out of concept ideas then I hope to see more Kenner styled Aliens in the future. A redo of the Bull Alien, Gorilla n such. Frost looks decent at least.

T Dog

T Dog

Albino Drone reminds me a lot of The Licker in Resident Evil.

Think I'll have to get Vasquez though! So cool!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Another white Alien... Okay! I'm gonna get it! Why? Just for the oddity which it is!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed