PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread

Started by x-M-x, Jun 11, 2020, 09:19:42 PM

Author
PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread (Read 17,656 times)

molasar

molasar

The only exciting things about PS5 for me is its controller and software 3D audio system that even works on stereo headphones.

Deathbearer

So is this thing bc with PS4 or what? I know they've danced around by saying that it'll be bc on the majority of titles but I don't want a 360 situation on me where the games I wanna play don't actually work on it

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 17, 2020, 09:39:11 PM
So is this thing bc with PS4 or what? I know they've danced around by saying that it'll be bc on the majority of titles but I don't want a 360 situation on me where the games I wanna play don't actually work on it

It is bc with 99% of PS4 games.

Deathbearer

Quote from: molasar on Sep 17, 2020, 10:30:03 PM

So any idea what they're not gonna let me keep so they can sell it again as a PS5 version?

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Deathbearer on Sep 18, 2020, 12:09:52 AM
Quote from: molasar on Sep 17, 2020, 10:30:03 PM

So any idea what they're not gonna let me keep so they can sell it again as a PS5 version?

You can keep everything but if some game does not work like on PS4, then you cannot sue them for false advertisement. And I would not expect remasters of PS4 games. Rather updates with new features.

Darkness

Some of the publishers are offering free patches that take advantage of the ps5 power but some of them are releasing a new version and selling them like GTA V. I think there's a boost mode so all PS4 games should benefit from higher fps whether the developer releases new patches or not.

Corporal Hicks

I shall probably wait for the new Spider-man. I'm definitely intending on getting this and the next-Box, just a matter of the when. Definitely not on launch, but Spider-man for PS, Halo for Xbox.

Darkness

Why don't you just play Halo on PC instead?

Local Trouble

molasar

molasar

Miles Morales is coming to PS4 as well.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: molasar on Sep 19, 2020, 01:13:57 AM
Most of the PS5 'exclusives' are being released on PS4 or PC as well. As of right now I think there's only Ratchet & Clank and God of War Ragnarok that are actually PS5 exclusive (and GoWR hasn't been confirmed, though it's extremely likely).

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 19, 2020, 01:47:19 AM
Quote from: molasar on Sep 19, 2020, 01:13:57 AM
Most of the PS5 'exclusives' are being released on PS4 or PC as well. As of right now I think there's only Ratchet & Clank and God of War Ragnarok that are actually PS5 exclusive (and GoWR hasn't been confirmed, though it's extremely likely).

I know about it. Just letting Corporal Hicks know that he does not need to get PS5 yet if he has PS4. Unless he wants all bells and whistles i.e. better frame rate, higher resolution, better textures, ray tracing effects, etc. The same with Halo and Xbox Series S/X.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 18, 2020, 07:55:18 PM
Why don't you just play Halo on PC instead?

It's a fair question. I have been playing MCC on the PC, but then I switched back to the Xbox and honestly, I just like playing it downstairs on the big ass TV with an Xbox controller in my hands. Just feels right playing it on the actual console. Just a mental thing.

Quote from: molasar on Sep 19, 2020, 10:07:57 AM
I know about it. Just letting Corporal Hicks know that he does not need to get PS5 yet if he has PS4. Unless he wants all bells and whistles i.e. better frame rate, higher resolution, better textures, ray tracing effects, etc. The same with Halo and Xbox Series S/X.

Indeed. Thanks for the reminder. I likely will get Miles on the PS4, but Spidey 2 will be further down the line and I'm hoping we'll be seeing a price fall or special edition consoles by then.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2020, 07:48:29 AMIt's a fair question. I have been playing MCC on the PC, but then I switched back to the Xbox and honestly, I just like playing it downstairs on the big ass TV with an Xbox controller in my hands. Just feels right playing it on the actual console. Just a mental thing.

Now we just need you to stop buying physical media and your something, something dark side will be complete.

Corporal Hicks

Always want physicals for the things I love! Always!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed