For all those who hate A:CM

Started by Predator@Alien, Oct 16, 2019, 01:44:02 PM

Author
For all those who hate A:CM (Read 21,873 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Did you nuke Melbourne from the surface with various yields to see what would happen?

SM

SM

Not today.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Someone should let him know that it isn't considered canon by fox anymore.

The Old One

The Old One

Someone's got to go round making every Alien Wikipedia entry reflect the facts then, not the fiction created by marketing ironically, requires doing.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Easier said than done, wikipedia is more rigid than mediawikis so it will need cold hard sourced facts on the page otherwise they will get reverted.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes certainly it is, but it requires doing, especially with all the various unofficial Alien Wikipedia creations, more often than not contradicting each other.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I do agree with you but unless someone can get a statement or some bit infor that can be cited then there is no point putting it on the wikipedia.org. On Xenopedia however, we are planning to use tabs to seperate the A;CM information.

Some of the other alien wikis have plagiarised from us, I don't bother with them except to report them when I can.

Immortan Jonesy

Would you rather live in a world without A:CM or have egg barfing as canon?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Feb 09, 2020, 06:48:24 PM
Yes certainly it is, but it requires doing, especially with all the various unofficial Alien Wikipedia creations, more often than not contradicting each other.

If only someone with your level of dedication and tenacity was motivated enough to do so...

The Old One

The Old One

I'd do it honestly, apart from the fact of no experience on the formatting, otherwise yeah I'd author, but I'd require a guarantee it's unable to be altered by just anyone so, I'm not completely wasting my time.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It would be harder for them to change back if you could get an ironclad citation.

The Old One

The Old One

Probably yes, citing multiple sources for statements though, takes a lot longer.
As preferable as it is, to just do the information itself, it's not as reliable.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

This is what the wiki cites as evidence that ACM is canon:

https://kotaku.com/the-authorized-story-of-the-next-aliens-video-game-will-5907653

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

While some may find what the creator of the work has to say as a reliable source, in this particular case I'd prefer to hear it from the mouth of someone from 20th Century Fox. After all, the origin of everything is in the movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed