Predalien: Dreads or No Dreads

Started by Kradan, May 13, 2019, 05:37:20 PM

Do you like dreads as part of Predalien design?

Yay
35 (48.6%)
Nay
33 (45.8%)
No Predalien
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Predalien: Dreads or No Dreads (Read 12,755 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

No dreadlocks, mandibles only & a biomechanical design.

xxx

xxx

So, I was sculpting a Predalien and tried both versions with/with no dreadlocks.
I've to say, I like the "dreaded" head better:

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Kradan

Kradan

My man !

Also, dig how "fleshy" that bad boy looks, very organic looking

xxx

xxx

Quote from: Kradan on May 22, 2022, 06:57:13 PMMy man !

Also, dig how "fleshy" that bad boy looks, very organic looking

Thanks,
I tend to make it more fleshy/meaty as I'm not as good at the biomechanical part :)   As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

I also must say that I sincerely like your illustrations

Kradan

Kradan

It gives it an interesting look. Maybe you should try some Prometheus-esque Black Goo creature, these tend to be more meaty ?

You flatter me, sir ! Unfortunately I have been quite busy lately but that series isn't over yet and I hope to get back to it ASAP

Nightmare Asylum

Option 3: No Predalien.

Kradan

Kradan

GTFO

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I am in favor of the dreads. Helps sell the point together with the mouth. Makes the design feel more complete.

Master

Master

There's only one Predalien design worth discussion.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'd like to see a version without dreadlocks, but I think such dreadlocks could fit with a more biomechanical design.

Edit - maybe more rigid as in the image above or as Sil from Species.

Corporal Hicks

I could get along with the Sil like look because I like it better when the dreadlocks flow with the shape of the head. I really dislike the ones that come off the sides.

xxx

xxx

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 23, 2022, 05:44:05 AMI'd like to see a version without dreadlocks, but I think such dreadlocks could fit with a more biomechanical design.

Edit - maybe more rigid as in the image above or as Sil from Species.

https://i.ibb.co/fYfcJF8/mj3.jpg

In the future, I might try it similarly - I'd make holes on the sides of the head (shaped like the entrances to the Derelict) and the dreadlocks/tentacles would be retractable (I'd probably animate it also)
It'd not so different from this one's holes+tentacles:

Kradan

Kradan

Man, where have you been with all that beatiful stuff !

May 23, 2022, 09:19:39 AM

Quote from: Master on May 23, 2022, 05:16:57 AMhttps://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BS2Jq79_aeg/TkAERfu63rI/AAAAAAAAAno/_rKmRSFzwLQ/s1600/predart12uk0.jpg
There's only one Predalien design worth discussion.

Dorman is da shit

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: xxx on May 22, 2022, 06:50:58 PMSo, I was sculpting a Predalien and tried both versions with/with no dreadlocks.
I've to say, I like the "dreaded" head better:

I like the color and brightness in the style of a newborn baby. reminds me of the chestburster.

I actually like that design more than the adult version. 8)

And I second Kradan's question...where have you been with all that beatiful stuff !  ;D

xxx

xxx

[/quote]

I like the color and brightness in the style of a newborn baby. reminds me of the chestburster.

I actually like that design more than the adult version. 8)
- Yep, I might try to do a "shading skin" one similar to a dragonfly changing from larva to adult (https://www.ldpwatersheds.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Dragonfly-lifecycle-How-it-works-Daily.png)

And I second Kradan's question...where have you been with all that beatiful stuff !  ;D
[/quote]

- I take these as practice and just learning :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed