Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 69,477 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Earlier this month SM updated the legendary Alien Timeline: https://alientimeline.wordpress.com/

marrerom

marrerom

Why are the timelines for the Alien and Predator series separated? They share the same continuity.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: marrerom on Mar 08, 2016, 11:39:44 PM
Why are the timelines for the Alien and Predator series separated? They share the same continuity.

That's.... well... I don't even know anymore.  >:(

426Buddy

426Buddy

Alien, predator, and avp all share separate continuity's IMO.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 19, 2016, 03:40:31 PM

They should.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 19, 2016, 03:40:31 PM

I go back and forth between believing and not believing that.

426Buddy

426Buddy

That's my opinion on the films only though.

The EU can do and explore anything they want, that being that the EU is suppose to do without being confined by the rules of the film universes.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 19, 2016, 10:56:30 PM
The EU can do and explore anything they want, that being that the EU is suppose to do without being confined by the rules of the film universes.

I actually gave up on the EU.

predxeno

predxeno

The two are separate because the author of the timelines has allowed his personal biases to guide what he thinks the timelines should be rather than what they actually are.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 20, 2016, 05:35:16 AM
The two are separate because the author of the timelines has allowed his personal biases to guide what he thinks the timelines should be rather than what they actually are.

The alien and predator timelines are separate in the films. AvP should be considered its own timeline as Anderson intended

predxeno

predxeno

When does Anderson claim that his film should be considered separate from the other movies?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Upon looking the quote up i see i was wrong but he does say:
QuoteBut AVP is designed as a stand-alone franchise
in this interview

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/avp-movies/avp-movie/paul-anderson-qa/

But as you see he says that it is part of both series.

Regardless Prometheus contradicts AvP's version of weyland and the history of the company which has to make AvP a separate timeline. I guess there is nothing directly keeping the predator and avp timelines from being the same though.

predxeno

predxeno

Claims that AVP is part of a different timeline are all just fan propaganda based on personal prejudices and biases.  If Prometheus were worse received then Prometheus would have become its own separate timeline as well.  This same "canon" rationale is likewise used by Star Wars fans to say that the prequel trilogy belongs in a different timeline than the original trilogy for the exact same reasons as AVP and Alien.  I have no respect for this fan rationale, it's simply too ridiculous.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Meh its whatever you want it to be, no use getting all conspiracy about it. Personally for me, Prometheus and it's sequels are apart of the aliens series. Avp and avp r are they're own thing, and the predator series is fine on its own.

That's my opinion everyone else here has their own.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 20, 2016, 04:14:32 PM
Claims that AVP is part of a different timeline are all just fan propaganda based on personal prejudices and biases.  If Prometheus were worse received then Prometheus would have become its own separate timeline as well.  This same "canon" rationale is likewise used by Star Wars fans to say that the prequel trilogy belongs in a different timeline than the original trilogy for the exact same reasons as AVP and Alien.  I have no respect for this fan rationale, it's simply too ridiculous.

This isn't true whatsoever. There has always been question marks over AVP but Prometheus definitely put the matter to rest by retconning it out of existence completely.

The quality of the film is irrelevant. A majority of the fanbase dislike Alien 3 and Resurrection but no one has ever suggested they are not canon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed