What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 586,213 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

My mom's Cancer has returned, but this time in 2 different spots.

No more chemo or surgery this time, which is actually somewhat a relief for all of us. Have to make the most of the time we have left now.

Huggs

Huggs

The worst kind of news. I am so sorry.

There is very little that a person can say to truly help ease the kind of pain that you and your family must be enduring right now. But I would say that the number of people in your corner extends far beyond what you see in reality. You have an entire group of people here that will be thinking about and praying for you, your mom, and the rest of your family now.

Your circle of support just grew exponentially, and my family will keep yours in our thoughts and prayers.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

@426Buddy

I remember you talking about her previous struggle and I was so happy for you that she won the battle & you won more time together. So very, very sorry to hear this time it's not the case. As one who lost his mother to cancer, I know what you're feeling. So really sorry brother.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Cancer sucks.  I lost a grandparent to it who was like having another father growing up.  It hurt my soul. 

Sorry man. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

@Kimmy

Same boat man.

Condolences 426.

Baron Von Marlon

Heard Turky Tail mushrooms can and have done wonders when it comes to treating cancer. Even for elderly people.
Thought they have little or no side effects. Since it doesn't hurt it might be worth trying.
They talk about it in the Fantastic Fungi docu (which I think is on Netflix)

QuotePaul Stamets, the founder of Host Defense, stated that his own 84-year-old mother was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer after the results of the study were announced.  Her prognosis was dire and was given months to live.  Her oncologist agreed that she should try turkey tail.  Paul's mother was part of a group of 50 women with breast cancer who took Herceptin, a chemo drug, to hopefully extend their lives.  All but two of the women died.  Only Mrs. Stamets took turkey tail.  The fate of the other woman is not known.  Paul's mother fully recovered from breast cancer and passed away earlier this year at the age of 93.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Thank you all for the kind replies, it is much appreciated.

Immortan Jonesy

We must enjoy our loved ones while they are alive. My mother had surgery for a breast tumor a few years ago. I know it can happen again, so I can understand your pain. Having said that, I wish you the best for you and your family.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

More frustrating than happy. 

Covid rears ugly head again, mask mandates and restrictions on just about everything.  The couple of months where it looked like we were on the other side were just an illusion. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 12, 2021, 04:10:59 AM
More frustrating than happy. 

Covid rears ugly head again, mask mandates and restrictions on just about everything.  The couple of months where it looked like we were on the other side were just an illusion.

In Ontario there's this feeling like it's almost over but I myself feel far more skeptical, there probably won't be another province wide lockdown but I won't be shocked if there's a 4th wave that hits the unvaccinated the hardest.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It won't go in full lockdown, but even mask mandates are a nuisance.  I wanted to go to national parks on my vacation, but ended up not doing much of anything.  I'd just rather everything open back up before I do that kind of stuff again. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Yee, I haven't being going to things like MMA or Fan Expo Canada ever since the pandemic started but I look forward to when I can again, though that might not be till sometime next year I feel.

I'm also planning my first trip outside of Ontario let alone Canada for the post-pandemic world, a trip to England then to the Netherlands.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Going out of country for first time is pretty cool

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Anyone who thinks this isn't going to keep going for another 3-4 years is lying to themselves.

Huggs

Huggs

We learned last night that my father was exposed to a covid positive individual. A family friend who apparently chose not to be vaccinated. Dad is fully vaccinated and (thankfully) not displaying any symptoms so far, but the other person's condition is deteriorating. We just heard on the phone about 20 minutes ago that his wife and children are now all symptomatic as well.

We are nervous, but staying cautiously optimistic. Any prayers would be appreciated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed