What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 586,950 times)

The_Nostromo_Files

The coffee maker broke.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Well that s*cks. Sorry to hear this. Ebay usually sides with the buyer. If it was misrepresented I would think they would side with you even if it said no refunds or returns considering the amount of the item.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Had a traumatic dream.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 07, 2021, 01:44:16 AM
Had a traumatic dream.

That sucks! Sorry to hear that!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jul 07, 2021, 01:36:55 AM

Well that s*cks. Sorry to hear this. Ebay usually sides with the buyer. If it was misrepresented I would think they would side with you even if it said no refunds or returns considering the amount of the item.

It was from the Japanese Yahoo Auctions through a proxy site Zenmarket. Zenmarket did what it was supposed to on it's part, but there's nothing that can be done apparently and I've learned to not trust Yahoo Auctions (someone told me after the fact they're known for bootlegs and sub-par products) and to stick with other Japanese shops I'm much more comfortable with even though the item in question could take potentially years to ever show up in stock.

I say that but another rare figure I've been looking for like a year popped up today of all days and I pounced on it because I know from years of experience Mandarake is trustworthy and even professional. I've bought so many unopened stuff from them that mention box damage but I can never find it so essentially I'm getting a bunch of new stuff for secondhand prices that tend to be lower than the aftermarket anywhere else. Love that place.

So lesson, don't trust anyone else outside my established circle of shops, just be patient.

Xeno Killer 2179

It has now become almost always the situation that when I am outside, I can hear a woman shouting for her cat named Jonesy. Sounds worse than Howard's mom on the Big bang theory--deeper voice, more smoker-esque, too. Outside is where I like to go to make thoughts of health problems disappear, and now this.

Huggs

Huggs

Don't worry. The alien gets her first.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

:laugh:

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Reddit account was less than a month old. Got downvoted just for being helpful, and there's no recourse for that kind of shit, so I killed my account. Participating there is not worth the abuse that is guaranteed to happen.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jul 08, 2021, 02:44:34 AM
Reddit account was less than a month old. Got downvoted just for being helpful, and there's no recourse for that kind of shit, so I killed my account. Participating there is not worth the abuse that is guaranteed to happen.

Sites with karma/downvotes aren't worth using at all to begin with.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

It is low effort trash, and the comments are all hordes of people trying to be the billionth person to say something cheeky. *vomits*
Then there's the situation I was in, you are down a shooting range for people to inflict their schizophrenia on you. To choose to continue after that, you may as well be one of those things.

Spoiler
NSFW, trigger warning
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 08, 2021, 05:54:03 PM

Sites with karma/downvotes aren't worth using at all to begin with.

I have to concur....

Wysps

Wysps

I agree with cancerblack and Voodoo.  Sites with those types of systems in place are really not worth participating in.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have learned that from experience.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I only really go there if I ever need information.

Apparently though from what I've seen they're actually surprised that women indeed like anime but would rather go somewhere else like Instagram rather than Reddit where it's anime discussion is probably male dominated so you either get your single and socially inept weirdos or you get gatekeepers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed