The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 379,549 times)

Prez

Prez

A while back last year I purchased an improved resin model animatronic Grogu from (what I thought was) a reputable distributor. It came in the mail yesterday and like several 100 others it's a scam.

A crap plush toy.
Despite the $70 outlay and not being able to refund (the company's website has gone missing) I did manage to laugh quite a bit about it. It's hilarious to look at.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=105669444781349&id=103367301678230

Lesson learnt. An expensive one but at least we saw some humour in it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

With little else to spend my money on currently and given that I'm going out for so many long walks with only my mp3 player for company, I've been expanding my Queen music collection with a bunch of solo/collaboration albums:
  • Red Special EP by Brian May
  • Vigilante by Magnum - Produced by Roger Taylor, and featuring him on backing vocals on two tracks
  • The Drums Are Back by Cozy Powell - Featuring Brian on two instrumental tracks, both of which he later turned into songs on his solo album Back to the Light
  • Vinyl Confessions by Kansas - Featuring Roger on backing vocals on three tracks
  • Virginia Wolf by Virginia Wolf - Produced by Roger
  • Anthems by Kerry Ellis - Produced by Brian, and featuring him on backing vocals and guitar throughout
The Red Special EP in particular is fantastic, with some amazing live tracks not available anywhere else. Hard to believe they've never been released outside of Japan.

I'm also awaiting (assuming they don't get lost in the post!):
  • Acoustic by Candlelight/The Candlelight Concerts CD/DVD set by Brian May and Kerry Ellis
  • Smoke on the Water: The Metropolis Sessions CD/DVD set by charity supergroup Rock Aid Armenia - Featuring Brian and Roger on guitar and drums

Whiskeybrewer

Steve Perry - Traces (Deluxe CD Edition)
Had to get the one with the 5 extra racks lol

Huggs

Huggs

A 4lb bottle of ketchup.

Don't tell kradan

KiramidHead

Superman the Movie 4K Blu-Ray

Superman TAS Complete Series DVD

Whiskeybrewer

Sting - The Last Ship (Amazon 2 disc Edition)

Steve Perry - Greatest Hits (2006 Re-release)

Avengers Assemble (Limited Edition 2 Disc Blu-Ray)

Meat Loaf - Braver Than We Are (CD/DVD Version)

Jane of the Air Book One: A Villain in Venice by Michael Gilroy-Sinclair

Xeno Killer 2179

Astronomy magazine

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Put my preorders in for the upcoming franchise novels, Infiltrator, The Unproduced Screenplay and Ultimate Prey, plus the paperback edition of Echo.

Also bought the Japanese 2-disc edition of Iron Maiden's The X Factor, with the three tracks that didn't make the album on the bonus disc.

Prez

Prez

Top this you lot!

Cleaner bags and new air filters for our old vacuum cleaner.
... and then the missus comes home to tell me I got the wrong ones.
Oh the joy.

:D

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 26, 2021, 08:59:54 PM

Also bought the Japanese 2-disc edition of Iron Maiden's The X Factor, with the three tracks that didn't make the album on the bonus disc.

Those three are underrated Maiden gems

Xeno Killer 2179

Sweet sweet Melatonin  :-*

Corporal Hicks

I pre-ordered WETA's Mini Epics Kane/Facehugger. Didn't like their Alien, but love the looks of this one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 27, 2021, 01:11:24 AMThose three are underrated Maiden gems

I've never actually heard "I Live My Way". Pretty sure I'm right in saying this is the only time it was ever put out on CD; it was originally exclusive to the vinyl version of the single.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 29, 2021, 09:41:55 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 27, 2021, 01:11:24 AMThose three are underrated Maiden gems

I've never actually heard "I Live My Way". Pretty sure I'm right in saying this is the only time it was ever put out on CD; it was originally exclusive to the vinyl version of the single.

Yeah i think so. Never understood why it was left off Best of the B-Sides. Especially when it even said in the booklet, they wanted all of Blaze's stuff on the CD lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quite a few of his live B-sides missing too. Including "Afraid to Shoot Strangers", which I actually think he sings better than Bruce.

They also missed their cover of Thin Lizzy's "Massacre", which annoyed me because Thin Lizzy are one of the few (two) bands I like more than Maiden.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed