Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 481,877 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Some Bob Ross.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Farscape S4 E13-14

Creepy spider monster.  :-X

Baron Von Marlon

Woodstock 99: Peace, Love and Rage (2021)
I know stuff happened but I never knew it was this big a mess.

Kradan

Kradan

Watched 69 episodes of Columbo

What a man

Prez

Prez

Star Trek DS9 - Episode 1 Part 1
I've finally bitten the bullet and decided I'm going to watch this series properly (not jump in mid season and snippets here and there).

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 26, 2021, 05:13:05 AM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Peter_Falk_Colombo_1973.jpg/274px-Peter_Falk_Colombo_1973.jpg

What a man
Always breaks my heart he couldn't remember the character before he died :'(

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Finally finished season 5 of Vikings and it was rough to get through. A lot of these episodes were more or less the same and it seems like it's struggling...

Baron Von Marlon

Rick & Morty, latest episode
I'm loving this series more and more.

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Jul 27, 2021, 02:37:10 AM
Finally finished season 5 of Vikings and it was rough to get through. A lot of these episodes were more or less the same and it seems like it's struggling...

This series could've been great if they didn't stick to the somewhat historical timeline and events.
Should've take place in some alternate universe where the vikings where more successful, perhaps similar to the Roman empire.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 27, 2021, 03:23:27 AM

This series could've been great if they didn't stick to the somewhat historical timeline and events.
Should've take place in some alternate universe where the vikings where more successful, perhaps similar to the Roman empire.

Spoiler
Genuinely loved that show until Travis departed
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Jul 27, 2021, 02:03:37 AM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Peter_Falk_Colombo_1973.jpg/274px-Peter_Falk_Colombo_1973.jpg

What a man

Wait, what ? Did he have a dementia or somenthing ?

EDIT: Wikipedia says he had Alzheimer. That sucks  :'(

What did you thought of the show as a whole? Many claim that "comeback" episodes were all pretty much awful but I find that proportion of good to bad episodes was pretty much the same

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Prez on Jul 27, 2021, 03:25:19 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 27, 2021, 03:23:27 AM

Spoiler
Genuinely loved that show until Travis departed
[close]

Yeah it's been a struggle since that happened...I have one season left so I'm kinda committed at this point..

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 27, 2021, 03:29:25 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 27, 2021, 02:03:37 AM

What a man

Wait, what ? Did he have a dementia or somenthing ?

EDIT: Wikipedia says he had Alzheimer. That sucks  :'(

What did you thought of the show as a whole? Many claim that "comeback" episodes were all pretty much awful but I find that proportion of good to bad episodes was pretty much the same
It's one of my favourite shows. Some really, really bad ones throughout, but even when it's bad Falk is entertaining and watchable.

Kradan

Kradan

Oh yeah, Falk is great.

What are the bad ones for you ? I've heard Last Salute to Commodore from 70s and No Time To Die from the new bunch are exceptionally bad (truth be told I've skipped them)

If I had to choose one Grand Deceptions is probably my least favourite - it felt like whole lot of nothing and barely could hold my attention

The weirdest one is Undercover - it felt like an episode of completely different show with Columbo thrown in

I really liked the final one - Columbo Likes The Nightlife. Not because mystery was exceptionally great or killers were all that charismatic. But it's interesting to see such a drastic contrast between this one and 70s Columbo. It offers much bleaker, nihilistic view of the world. So much have changed in these 35 years - world is a totally different place now and Columbo feels like a relic of a different era. You can't even be fully satisfied with Columbo catching them - chances are they would get executed by mafia long before they reach court room. So melancholic, I love it. Even though it wasn't supposed to, I think it finished the show on a nice if somewhat dark note

SiL

SiL

There was one with Billy Connelly that just felt like a drag; another with Patrick McGoohan that just ended with everybody laughing? Last Salute to the Commodore I had scrubbed from memory until you reminded me and it brought back nightmares. The revival ones were hit and miss but I'm with you on the finale.

I think at its worst the show was boring more than anything. Knowing who did it always meant the fun was in how to solve it, and in some cases that just lacks drama or goes in very roundabout circles to pad the runtime.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Jul 31, 2021, 01:41:47 PM
There was one with Billy Connelly that just felt like a drag;

That's Murder with Too Many Notes. Yeeeaaahhh, that wasn;t very good one

Quote from: SiL on Jul 31, 2021, 01:41:47 PM
another with Patrick McGoohan that just ended with everybody laughing?

Nothing really comes to mind but there's Agenda For Murder where Columbo tells a bad joke and McGoohan stays still for about 10 seconds only to burst out laughing.

https://youtu.be/YbQQMW-AHTs

It wasn't a bad episode but gotcha stretched believability for me

Speaking of McGoohan - I really liked him playing a kernel in By Dawn's Early Light

Who's your favourite - Cassidy, Culp or McGoohan ? Cassidy wins me over with his charms and predatory smile. Plus his first episode has benefit of a truly memorable score

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed