Translation of the German article featured in Play³ Magazine....

Started by perfect organism, May 13, 2009, 11:31:35 PM

Author
Translation of the German article featured in Play³ Magazine.... (Read 12,026 times)

DB

DB

Quote from: Mustafuk on May 14, 2009, 12:29:32 PM
someone has to be imba

In the hands of incompetent developers.

Getting balance is really hard. The question is, how unbalanced will they be and could it see the possibilities of patches if it's too much?

Not all players are masochists that enjoy banging their heads against walls.

Quoteanyway and leaving the moaning kid behind

Btw, that's pretty cool coming from the guy who got banned on GBX's forums for getting all butthurt when his opinion was challenged and/or discredited.

"Moaning kid" indeed. :'(

Mustafuk

oh man you bring a tear to my eye when you moan about the preds.

I know you are still frustrated because monolith isn,t doing the game, but why moaning about the preds now?, the pred/alien players have had to suffer the imbalance issues of the humans in avp2, and now It seems they are going to be the preds, and what?, I,m an alien player and I,m not crying like you, so if you are loser or are scared of the pred players you can crawl back to your hole and play with your barbies, we won,t miss you.

DB

Somehow your perspective on the "badassness" and "heroic" qualities of the Strausoid Predators and your comments on the relative strengths of the Predator vs an Alien make me suspicious of your "STFU L2P N0Ob" stance on Predators being IMBA.

Not that I'm questioning your honesty or anything.

It's a valid, well thought-out argument, and you've convinced me.

Mustafuk

Mustafuk

Quote"STFU L2P N0Ob"
those are your own words. I,m an alien fan more than a pred, but that doesn,t mean I can think one of these avp warriors actually represent some serious threat to a predator in melee (not like wolf, like the first one for example). I was just saying that man, nothing more.

don,t take It personally, I have nothing against you. I wonder if you can say the same.

DB

Quote from: Mustafuk on May 14, 2009, 04:28:07 PMdon,t take It personally, I have nothing against you. I wonder if you can say the same.

It's all good baby, I know all that "moaning kid" stuff came from the most generous, innocent and best intentioned place of your heart.

Mustafuk

man I didn,t want you to feel victimized now that we start understanding each other, I didn,t know you were that sensitive. I,ll keep it in mind for the next one you come here to bit

Aeus

Quote from: Xhan on May 14, 2009, 04:47:41 AM
SIGH.

For people who talk about how they get it, they sure don't get it.

Yes they do...

The Predator has by far the most variety in weapons. Humans can only attack from range, Predators can attack up close. Aliens can only attack up close, Predators can attack from range.

They easily have the advantage in one on one.

affinity

yeah that's right.   

AvP movie was done by an aliens fan (Anderson), which is why they won the famous
1 on 1 battle due to making the pred do a stupid mistake (perform some ritual in front instead of finishing off the alien while it's still in the net.  but it's proven that particular predator was inexperienced and overconfident the net wouldn't break.)  but he did give the Preds some
kills.   I still like the movie cause it's the only movie where more than 1 Predator sees some action. 1 Predator gets to kill some humans, the 2nd Predator gets to fight an alien hand-to-hand.  and the 3rd Predator racks up the most kills.   also it has proven again
that Predator technology has allow them to dominate the aliens,  yeah there would
be alien uprising, but they've been nuked to kingdom come anyways, so the Predators are still on top of the food chain.

AvPR movie was done supposedly by predators fans (bros) which is why Wolf kicked all the aliens asses except the predalien (which was even, though predalien was physically stronger other than that he survived every encounter the aliens threw at him. a single alien that would go against many predators wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds!! but Predators have proven to be strong and massive endurance and survival potential than aliens, that most can solo a bunch of them. 

whereas Aliens are so easily squishy.  which is why they depend on stealth, ambushes and large numbers to succeed, they'd get fried attacking head on.

Plus Predator technology >  Alien capabilities at long range.  Predators can nuke them all without even needing to commit suicide.     it isn't cowardly, it's survival of the best. 

overall, Predators and Aliens are both worthy survivors. they are both very lethal.

and I'm more of a Colonial Marines fan, so I'm more level-headed when it comes to these Aliens vs. Predators debates, while I respect all 3 species.
  they can both slaughter Marines, and vice versa,  none of them are made out of some indestructible substance.  they all bleed so they can get fragged.  and They all can spread the land with kills, so lets call them balanced, even though they might not be in the game.   plus it's better to make the Predators the best of the 3 species, instead of the Colonial Marines.

Aeus

Quote from: affinity on May 14, 2009, 06:54:31 PM
AvP movie was done by an aliens fan (Anderson), which is why they won the famous
1 on 1 battle due to making the pred do a stupid mistake (perform some ritual in front instead of finishing off the alien while it's still in the net.  but it's proven that particular predator was inexperienced and overconfident the net wouldn't break.) 

The Predator lost the fight because he fought an Alien up close, with bugger all ranged weaponry. Not very clever to fight something that's stronger than you, bleeds highly corrosive acid and has razor sharp claws and a tail up close.

Xhan

Quote from: Aeus on May 14, 2009, 07:00:57 PM
The Predator lost the fight because he fought an Alien up close, with bugger all ranged weaponry. Not very clever to fight something that's stronger than you, bleeds highly corrosive acid and has razor sharp claws and a tail up close.

That's not the issue Aeus, and you know it. The weapons a Pred brings to bear makes the fight an EVEN contest, without them even with his fantastic strength and durability a Pred is hamburger meat against an Alien, ESPECIALLY in single combat wherein where the Pred is "bound" to bring the fight mano y mano. The whole point is gaining the machismo through defeating a superior opponent through guile and martial skill. An experienced Pred should pwn a fresh Alien... an experienced Alien should tear ANY Pred a new ass in close combat spear or no spear, wristblades or no wristblades.

Aeus

Quote from: Xhan on May 14, 2009, 07:28:30 PM
That's not the issue Aeus, and you know it. The weapons a Pred brings to bear makes the fight an EVEN contest

The Shoulder Cannon does not make it an even contest.

Quotewithout them even with his fantastic strength and durability a Pred is hamburger meat against an Alien, ESPECIALLY in single combat wherein where the Pred is "bound" to bring the fight mano y mano.

"Bound"? A Predator isn't bound to do anything. Anytime tried to kill Dutch with the shoulder cannon plenty of times, only changing his mind in the last minute. Pussyface tried to kill Harrigan with his wrist cannon, his spear...Couldn't give a damn about what he's bound to do.

But if you're talking about AVP, then yeah they're "bound" to kill an Alien, not nessacerilly in close combat...But this is also a film where a Predator went toe to toe with an Alien with just some blades, and was hardly hamburger meat.

I'm not saying an Alien shouldn't destroy a Predator in close combat, it should easily win, if the Predator is without any ranged weapons. But don't go round saying it's "bound" to go into close quarters, there's far more evidence to suggest otherwise. The Predator is there for the thrill of the hunt, nothing more.

Mustafuk

Quotemano a mano.
fixed for you amigo

as for the rest, I agree, the predator is hamburguer meat, but only if the opponent is the classic concept of the alien, you know, that human like thing that always scared us that much..., if it,s the avp concept of the alien, then I,m sorry for being in disagreement, but the predator seems to have the upper hand in battle.

affinity

affinity

dude a Predator can kill a chestburster WITH HIS THUMB!!!!! 

and in AVPR Predator can chokehold and lift up two FULL GROWN ALIENS AT THE SAMETIME!!!!!

even if you disagree, Fox has allowed that to be canon.   So no one can deny it since Fox owns the rights to AvP and can allow the rules to be whatever they allow.

Predators have more strength than people admit. Aliens are massively strong too.  but a Predator can rip their head clean off even without wristblades.

that's why I say its pretty even between them, they are both dangerous close combat. 
but Predator has advantage with range. but even without their gear, an Alien would be stupid to think unequipped Predator = instant hamburger meat.    it can go either way.

the only argument aliens fans have in their favor is a Predator fighting an alien queen barehanded.    now that would be extremely difficult for the predator.   I think the queen's
neck is too thick to break, unless the predator can rip their brain open like the newborn in AlienResurrection.   ;D

RumorControl

Dutch killed a Predator mano-a-mano without any weapons or technology.

Harrigan killed a Predator mano-a-mano by gutting it in its own ship.

Grid Alien skewered a Predator, lifted him up, headbit him, and then tossed him against a wall.

Grid Alien then pinned a second Predator to the ground and headbit him through his helmet.

Plus, Aliens can lift people up a good 50-60 feet, as we saw in Alien.  The Predator could only lift Arnold up a few inches and pin him against a boulder.

So uh, where does this God-like Predator strength come from?  Oh yeah, nowhere.  They made it up.

tom288

tom288

Dutch actually won using "technology", albeit a primitive trap, but he definitely didn't win physically.

And if you want to mention Grid, you could mention how he was straight-up dominated for most of the fight, including the Pred picking him up by his tail, swinging him around and tossing him like a rag-doll.  Wolf was able to go hand-to-hand with a Predalien.

I'm not saying Predators are stronger than Aliens, but they're strong enough to keep up with them in a hand-to-hand fight.

I'm not for "god-like" power for Preds, but I'm also not for it for Aliens either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed