Ridley Scott Alludes to Ripley's Mother in Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by RidgeTop, Jul 08, 2017, 10:12:18 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Alludes to Ripley's Mother in Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 38,890 times)

Gash

Screw Ripley, how old is Jones?

Samhain13

SpreadEagleBeagle

I'm starting to believe that Jones is the male avatar and incarnation of Bastet. That would explain the Egyptian design of the Weyland brand's crests. Jones probably met up with Engineers over 2000 years ago and probably made a sweet deal with them. I think in the next Alien movie, David will find out that the universe is ruled by an interstellar omnipotent cat deity, the true creator of the Xenomorph.

TWJones

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 13, 2017, 06:58:53 PM
I'm starting to believe that Jones is the male avatar and incarnation of Bastet. That would explain the Egyptian design of the Weyland brand's crests. Jones probably met up with Engineers over 2000 years ago and probably made a sweet deal with them. I think in the next Alien movie, David will find out that the universe is ruled by an interstellar omnipotent cat deity, the true creator of the Xenomorph.

LOL, this would explain so much.

Ingwar

Scott lost his mind :)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2017, 07:51:55 AM
He's apparently recently spoken about it and took ownership of it. I've not seen the interview yet. Matt Hatton mentioned it in our last podcast.

He apologized profusely. Haha.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 12, 2017, 02:39:04 AM
Because Joss Whedon only makes one kind of film and it's exactly what we'd get again if he got another chance.

I tend to agree. His stuff is too scy-fy channel. Its also kinda light-hearted for Alien, but I think if the script for A:R had been in the hands of someone like Fincher or Scott, who is less interested in comic relief, they would have shaped it into a less ridiculous film.
Have we ever seen his script for Alien 5? I'd heard something existed. Maybe a treatment? Also that Firefly movie always seemed somewhat like it derived from some ideas in A:R.
There was a A:R sequel book that I never read. Anyone know if that had something to do with his script?

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 11, 2017, 09:33:31 AM
I don't think it's cryo, it's more like hibernation.  It would slow down the body's processes, but not stop them.

No problem mate, just throw in that line of dialogue where some colonist wakes up and gargles back some vomit, saying "Gee this gas-based hypersleep sure makes me feel alot less sick than that injection based cryo-crap. And there's the whole not ageing thing now."

Gash

Gash

Sleepers dream, it's in all of ADF''s novelisations.

Quote from: Ingwar on Jul 14, 2017, 03:09:10 PM

It's more like people reading stuff that isn't there in his comments who have lost their minds.

Ingwar

Quote from: Gash on Jul 14, 2017, 06:10:02 PM

It's more like people reading stuff that isn't there in his comments who have lost their minds.

Scott said:

QuoteI don't think it'll... but Ripley's going to be somebody's daughter. Obviously. We're coming in from the back end. The time constraints, of what's the time between this film, where we leave David going off heading for that colony, I think you're probably two films out from even considering her.

PierreVW

Quote from: Ingwar on Jul 14, 2017, 08:57:50 PM
Quote from: Gash on Jul 14, 2017, 06:10:02 PM

Scott said:

QuoteI don't think it'll... but Ripley's going to be somebody's daughter. Obviously. We're coming in from the back end. The time constraints, of what's the time between this film, where we leave David going off heading for that colony, I think you're probably two films out from even considering her.

He didn't say anything. You 2 are fighting for a nothing comment?.

SM

QuoteSleepers dream, it's in all of ADF''s novelisations.

It's in Prometheus.

Gash

So he's said Ripley is someone's daughter - no shit Sherlock.

That's just fact and referencing the timeline. Doesn't mean her mother's going to appear. There's literally nothing to read into those comments as they stand. If at some stage the plan is to make some allusions to Thedus and the Nostromo a de-aged Ripley might make a cameo but it's hardly likely to be anything more than a nod as the films link up, if it even gets that far.

I'm more interested in David and the 'war of the worlds'. `Frankly I think Scott is only humouring journos who can't look at Alien without wanting to bring up Ripley.

Ingwar

Quote from: Gash on Jul 15, 2017, 01:29:11 AM
So he's said Ripley is someone's daughter - no shit Sherlock.

That's just fact and referencing the timeline. Doesn't mean her mother's going to appear.

Of course it doesn't mean that but then again why would Scott mentioned about that?

Scorpio

Why would they de-age Sigourney Weaver when they can create a cgi double instead like in Rogue One?

szkoki

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 08, 2017, 11:48:27 AM
Only as long as we get to see Ripley being made.

David created Ripley and Hicks. Badumm tishhh

T Dog

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 15, 2017, 08:37:29 AM
Why would they de-age Sigourney Weaver when they can create a cgi double instead like in Rogue One?
The cherry on top of the shit cake the series has become!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed