Pathogen - New Campaign

Started by Kailem, Jun 10, 2022, 04:04:49 PM

Author
Pathogen - New Campaign (Read 37,927 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Does it show the price on Steam for you? It's showing this for me, but no price:
This game is not yet available on Steam
Planned Release Date: 30 August
This game plans to unlock in approximately 1 day

I would assume I could pre-order it, but that's not available.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Preordering DLCs is not something you can do on Steam afaik

Wweyland

Wweyland

So it's a general Steam thing?

Nelostic

Nelostic

Yes!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The name of the new campaign:

"Promise of a Flower"

https://www.aliensfireteamelite.com/en/releasenotes/

Wweyland

Wweyland

I wonder how it fits with the other campaigns. It's after blowing up Katanga?

Nelostic

Nelostic

I hope they make alien coloneal marines canon for this game!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I hope they don't.

Wweyland

Wweyland

7 hours to go! (in my region at least)

Kailem

Kailem

Pathogen's out now on the UK store for £12, which is honestly a little cheaper than I was expecting given the US price. I figured they'd just do what they usually do and change the dollar sign into a pound one, so I'm glad that's not the case here.

They've also added new "Into the Hive" and "Ultimate" editions to the digital store, the former being the game with Pathogen and the latter being the game, Pathogen and all the cosmetic DLC packs released so far.

Sadly the fact that they've put out this "Ultimate Edition" after this one expansion makes me feel like this could well be the one and only big piece of story DLC we get, which is going to be a little disappointing if true. I was hoping that, even if it took another year between them, we might end up getting more expansions like Pathogen down the line.

And who knows, maybe we will! But I'm suddenly not expecting that as much as I was before seeing this.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 30, 2022, 03:41:23 PMI was hoping that, even if it took another year between them, we might end up getting more expansions like Pathogen down the line.

I don't want to say too much, but that was my understanding of the intent. But that was pre-mergers. It'll be a damn shame if that ends up being the case.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah Pathogen existing at all post-merger gives me hope, but it might just be that it was so far into development that they just said "fine, you can put that out but then that's it."

A year between releases is still way too long imo, but I'd still much rather have that than nothing else after Pathogen at all, and seeing this new "Ultimate Edition" in the store is suddenly making me fear that might be the case.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

In this age of games constantly being added on to, and having 5 different editions to choose from all the time, I could totally see them just updating the "ultimate edition" by just adding on the new big piece of content/DLC on top of the previous ones, and updating the price, each time a new one comes out. So that new players can always just buy all the content at once. For convenience, and just to entice people more with a big bundle of content. 

But that's me hoping for the best tbh. Could just as easily be as you fear, that this is all we're going to get as far as new campaigns/big content add-ons. I certainly hope not though, of course.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Now installing!

Yeaok

Yeaok

Pathogen Queen? Man can we get something similar to Colonial Marines?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed