Pathogen - New Campaign

Started by Kailem, Jun 10, 2022, 04:04:49 PM

Author
Pathogen - New Campaign (Read 37,341 times)

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 26, 2022, 06:47:57 PMThe concept of doing a sort of "Pathogen Queen" is one that intrigues me, but this isn't really hitting the mark for me visually or narratively. So it's a "Queen" but also, it's incapable of breeding? So basically, it's just a big Neomorph that trades in most of the actual visual language of the Neomorphs design to give a you a sort of stock bigger enemy to shoot at.

Every once in a while I think that maybe, just maybe, I might give this game a go, and then I see new stuff like this (and I'm reminded that it is only three players and not four, which is still absurd for the sort of arcade shooter/L4D experience like this seems to be going for) that, while it does have its heart in the right place, just kind of sours the thought of ever playing. I'm very happy, of course, to see them really embracing elements from the prequels, and I definitely respect the attempts being made, but I think the RPG has been much more successful doing that despite Fireteam Elite's efforts.
This isn't a Neomorph Queen, this is a Xenomorph Queen mutated with the pathogen

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

Only a few days left until Pathogen launches. Im playing through the game again on my PS5, trying to get ready for the launch. Anybody else getting ready in a particular way, or y'all just excited about the release in general?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm excited for sure, being that I really do not have the skill for Extreme or Insane difficulty, I look forward to new content.

Still wish it had a four player option.

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 26, 2022, 11:32:35 PMI'm excited for sure, being that I really do not have the skill for Extreme or Insane difficulty, I look forward to new content.

Still wish it had a four player option.

A fourth would be sublime. I play a lot of Destiny 2 so I wasn't too thrown off by the 3 person team, but it always leaves a buddy out to dry.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I hate everything about Destiny, including making this the norm.

Vrastal

Vrastal

im really not interested in pathogen stuff i just want more aliens

Nelostic

Nelostic

I want Deacons Hive DLC!

ED-E

ED-E

So they get to make a second season, good. I haven't played it since last October with a friend, and back then it was a bit rough around the edges, so the extra development time is what the game needs. Looking forward to giving it another go soon.

Disregard my comment on second season, they are already past that, had thought previous updates were all within Season 1.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

They were in a sense, Pathogen's an expansion pack.

Hopefully we will get year 2 and 3 updates for this though.

Samhain13

Kailem

Kailem

Yup. You can see the marines fighting it at the end of the latest trailer. Looks like at least one of its attacks is going to be running towards the player and smashing them with that big mutated hand.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Maybe we will get pink acid boots for beating Pathogen?

Nelostic

Nelostic

I need DLC with ENGINEER Boss in giant Jockey Suit!
it will be awesome!

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

An engineer boss fight is definitely on my wishlist for this game.

I've seen some other people bring up the idea of it being a Nemesis from Resident Evil 3 type villain, that intermittently pops up and chases you through the level/campaign, that sounds really cool to me.

Nelostic

Nelostic

Cool!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed