Pathogen - New Campaign

Started by Kailem, Jun 10, 2022, 04:04:49 PM

Author
Pathogen - New Campaign (Read 37,032 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Final trailer for the Pathogen Expansion dropped today during the Future Games Show livestream:

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

Very cool, can't wait.

Crew Expendable

Crew Expendable

Seeing the pathogen queen gets me excited for boss battles in future expansions!

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Looks pretty cool!
Glad to see they're doing stuff with the neomorphs. And it looks like they're gonna  incorporate what looks like an actual boss fight in the campaign.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Fun Predator style cannon with the laser etc, and yeah, eager to see more of the pathogen queen. Looks like it's got some mandibles too.

Nelostic

Nelostic

Yeah!
Now need DLC with
Deacons Hive!
And Deacon Queen!
And King!
As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.
As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login. 
As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

JokersWarPig2

JokersWarPig2

New trailer looks pretty cool, can't wait for it to drop next week.
I'm really hoping we see a campaign that involves the UPP. They get mentioned a few times in the game and they're an untapped resource for the game and the lore.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah that ought to be the next big thing it tackles I think so, going on the ending, hopefully resulting in a bigger expansion that diversifies the sandbox.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah the ending as it is now teases Pala Station and more corporations and stuff on their way, so hopefully if we don't get any of that in this new one (which I doubt we will since the Neomorph/Pathogen enemies look to be the main draw) then hopefully they'll be featured in future DLC.

It's also cool that we'll finally be getting a real boss fight in the game too, definitely looking forward to playing that.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Speaking of the larger Pathogen creature in this.

I now do get the concept of the arm being an unintended mutation that got passed down, so you have then the bulbous Pathogen that we fight, and specifically the brutes.

But still... I just also wanted traditional Neomorphs.

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

stoked. should be a fun expansion. Can't wait to field all the questions my friends are going to have regarding the lore lol

The Crawling Chaos

The Crawling Chaos

Seeing all these wonderful Albino freaks makes go "Thanks David!!!"  8)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The concept of doing a sort of "Pathogen Queen" is one that intrigues me, but this isn't really hitting the mark for me visually or narratively. So it's a "Queen" but also, it's incapable of breeding? So basically, it's just a big Neomorph that trades in most of the actual visual language of the Neomorphs design to give a you a sort of stock bigger enemy to shoot at.

Every once in a while I think that maybe, just maybe, I might give this game a go, and then I see new stuff like this (and I'm reminded that it is only three players and not four, which is still absurd for the sort of arcade shooter/L4D experience like this seems to be going for) that, while it does have its heart in the right place, just kind of sours the thought of ever playing. I'm very happy, of course, to see them really embracing elements from the prequels, and I definitely respect the attempts being made, but I think the RPG has been much more successful doing that despite Fireteam Elite's efforts.

JokersWarPig2

JokersWarPig2

I think this gives us pretty solid chances of getting an actual xeno queen fight at some point. As much as I'm looking forward to Pathogen its making me look forward to the inevitable colony clearing dlc even more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed