News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 551,126 times)

Enoch

I will watch Assassin's Creed and Star Wars Rogue One as soon as they hit theaters,
and expect to see Covenant trailer by that time!

ThisBethesdaSea

It's been a long time since I've been on this forum....nice being back as we cautiously await Covenant. If it's anything close to that Prometheus shit show, I won't be able to see Ridley Scott the same way, again.

Enoch

Tell us what you want and expect from Covenant. Prometheus  have certain problems, some big, some not so
severe, but that movie opened a path for some really nice ideas and maybe excellent movie.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 04, 2016, 07:04:45 PM
FAKE or not, it seems like an awfully big missed opportunity for FOX not to have, at the very least, a teaser floating around for theatres to trail onto STAR WARS in December.
So it would be a huge missed opportunity for FOX to let the flagpole of something like the massive STAR WARS fanbase, not get to see an ALIEN COVENANT teaser.

It might work in theaters to a certain extent but an Alien: Covenant trailer/teaser released online would just get drowned out by the sheer amount of Star Wars hype. There's going to be tons of Rogue One TV Spots, all the various international trailers, film clips, interviews etc...

It would make much more sense to release a Covenant trailer or teaser when the Star Wars fever has died down a bit.

Quote from: Enoch on Oct 04, 2016, 07:11:32 PM
Assassins Creed is also a very good time to show Alien Covenant trailer.

It might get his fans interested in Alien: Covenant but does Fassbender really have such a huge following?

Enoch

Assassins Creed ------ Fassbender.
Game franchise is very popular and I believe the movie
will attract many game fans and historical movies fans...
plus all those who like such thematic. I was thinking in terms of audience numbers,
Assassins Creed could be a fine opportunity to promote Alien because of similar audience type
(same goes for Star Wars).

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Enoch on Oct 04, 2016, 10:07:13 PM
plus all those who like such thematic. I was thinking in terms of audience numbers,
Assassins Creed could be a fine opportunity to promote Alien because of similar audience type

I'm willing to bet anyone that a preview will come during or before Assassin's Creed. I'll even give 2 to 1 odds.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 04, 2016, 07:04:45 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 04, 2016, 06:07:16 PM
Heard back from Fox -

http://furiousfanboys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Its-a-Fake.jpg

FAKE or not, it seems like an awfully big missed opportunity for FOX not to have, at the very least, a teaser floating around for theatres to trail onto STAR WARS in December.
I worked as an IMAX projectionist for years and the corporate theatre chains, like AMC or Regal for instance, are the ones who decide what trailers they attach, APART from the ones that come from the same studio as the feature you are seeing.
In other words, it may be that DISNEY publicly announces that a full length WRECK IT RALPH 2 trailer be attached to it's STAR WARS opening weekend, but it is up to the theatre chain to decide which trailers it will also include from other studios, in their STAR WARS playlist.
The studios know that. So it would be a huge missed opportunity for FOX to let the flagpole of something like the massive STAR WARS fanbase, not get to see an ALIEN COVENANT teaser.
For that reason. I'm almost willing to bet $ that there will be one by STAR WARS.

If we don't see it by then, I expect that FOX will be using secrecy as a PR angle, to generate hype, all the way up until the film's release.

Secrecy could only be APR angle up until the release of Alan Dean Foster's book, which would likely predate the release of the film...

SiL

Does America tend to attach trailers for R-rated movies to PG-13 ones?

Necronomicon II

Yeah I was going to ask the same thing.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteDelighted to Officially wrap Fantastic Beasts and where to find them today. Now time to start on ALIEN Covenant. First proper Alien film since the original to be Directed by Ridley Scott. A huge fan of Ridley Scott and everything I've seen so far looks cool.

This fella works for Corus Entertainment but not sure if thats the company he's working for in regards to Covenant - http://www.corusent.com

John Doe

New poster for Wolverine new Movie at the comicon. Hope they will release one for Covenant.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: John Doe on Oct 05, 2016, 02:26:14 PM
New poster for Wolverine new Movie at the comicon. Hope they will release one for Covenant.

Hope so. 8)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Enoch on Oct 04, 2016, 10:07:13 PM

The same could be argued for attaching a Wolverine 3 or Planet Of The Apes teaser to Assassins Creed. And at least they are PG-13 not to mention being ahead of Covenant in the release date queue.

Enoch

Wolverine 3/ aka Logan is R-rated!

lv_226

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2016, 08:58:38 AM
QuoteDelighted to Officially wrap Fantastic Beasts and where to find them today. Now time to start on ALIEN Covenant. First proper Alien film since the original to be Directed by Ridley Scott. A huge fan of Ridley Scott and everything I've seen so far looks cool.

This fella works for Corus Entertainment but not sure if thats the company he's working for in regards to Covenant - http://www.corusent.com

"The first proper Alien film since the original directed by Ridley Scott."

This right here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed