AvPR Rated 15 in UK

Started by Darkness, Dec 04, 2007, 07:00:27 PM

Author
AvPR Rated 15 in UK (Read 34,715 times)

konradski

konradski

15 in uk usualy means r in usa  just like saving private ryan was 15 uk yet us r rated usa so when the american made film avp2 suggest it will be an 18 by their film staff etc, it does not neccisarily mean to those from the uk it will be an 18 over here   please uk people reading. what the classification our country use,s differs imensly from the american standard as do all other countrys .were leniant on some stuff were as i dont want to sound daft the americans see other things as more to their tastes or not as it may be to others, i point out homosexuality ,smoking and naked blokes(not in a gay sense but in the same way as below)  yet they view female full nudity as ok and will rate a film lower for it  fck know what smokings got to do with making a movie a higher rating cos it,d mean theyd have to go thru the back catalog and re rate all me mothers movies 15 and the sexual tension in some would have them x rated

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

I don't know what you're all whining about. Here in Australia the highest any of the films has been rated is the uncut Predator 2, which only got an R-rating because of the drug-taking scenes anyway. Other than than every Alien and Predator film has been rated M15 or MA15+, simply because both America's PG13 and R translate into an Australian M15 or MA15+ (our R-rating is restricted for extremely violent or sexually explicit films and is hardly ever used). IN this respect the UK is much more similar to Australia than the US, so this means nothing! No change, no dumbing down, no cutting, so shut up!

holdtheline

holdtheline

I'm more concerned with the running time.

Starkiller

Starkiller

quick question, does that mean it will defo be called Aliens vs Predator Requiem in the UK (i really hope it is)  anyone?

SHREK

SHREK

does this means some bits will b cut out of the movie over here???

eyesofthedemon

eyesofthedemon

Every one just chill!!!,i saw "30 days of night" a little while ago,Gory as hell and guess what rating it had? Exactly 15!!!! They taunt and then rip a young girl to pieces for gods sake!! I dont want "hostel 3",i want AVP!!!!!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How many times do I have to remind you Darkness? Alien DC was released as a 15. I'm not that surprised personally.

Dwayne24

Dwayne24

this sucks!    >:(  

Deco

Deco

we saw the trailer with our own eyes guys and no cuts have been made. Dont worry

thegodfather

thegodfather

The Terminator has been re-certificated as a 15 from an 18 a few years back, and it didnt suffer any cuts. The Punisher was an 18 but should have been a 15, Troy/Gladiator/300/Kingdom of Heaven/30 days of Night/Dog Soldiers all have plenty of blood n' guts and they were 15. I am just a little peeved that its short but when the DVD comes out with that 'sub-plot' that the bros said they chopped out. So wait and see,

warchant-D

warchant-D

hey everyone if you check out the actual BBFC site theres a few other troubling facts mentioned  -'The BBFC has placed this work in the ACTION genre(s).' doesnt mention suspence or horror  -"When a film is transferred to video the running time will be shorter by approximately 4% due to the differing number of frames per second. This does not mean that the video version has been cut or re-edited."  great, possibly even shorter now  WOW! dissapointing to say the least.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Wow Im really suprised, I thought America was more leinent towards violence.  I mean you see a pregnant girl get implanted and killed for god sakes.  But Im sure they diddnt make any cuts or anything for you guys over in England.

Danger Close

Danger Close

This really means nothing, as long as they don't make a film intending it to be rated 15.

Sulaco

Sulaco

Did'nt fox change the first movie to a PG-13 three weeks before release? Is that the plan again?

Ivan(AvP Fan)

Ivan(AvP Fan)

Very gay news... m8

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed