Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 48,161 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 10, 2019, 10:35:55 PM
#read as Fox and hapless Developer completely fumble the ball in front a 350 pound lineman n their own five yard line, twice
#play another game, also probably not #play The Division, Weyland Yutani MT$ Edition
#watch 4K alien and forget that any of this #OC Deviantart donut steel misfire is still attempting to be a thing as the mouse ears loom ever closer in the background

I'm not always the best at reading people, but I think he is saying here he's really looking forward to Alien: Blackout!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 10, 2019, 10:35:55 PM
Again, it is for me.
Still not how this works.

Predwars24

Micro transactions weren't the problem for me. The problem for me is that companies are all moving to the mobile platform all of a suddenly, regardless if this was a plan from disney or something else, phone games aren't supposed to be anything more than a mindless distraction when there isn't anything else to pay attention to. Some people even call them toilet games, because they play them on the toilet. It's why it should never actually have a story, and why I absolutely hate modern mobile games, for trying to be something they're clearly not. It's something I feared the instant I saw games like clash of clans grab everyone's attention, and people are so suckered in that they put everything they can money wise into it, giving corporations an even bigger reason to keep doing crap like this. It sucks that I feel I'm in the minority here, but I guess that's just how it is.

SM

SM

It's not "moving to the mobile platform all of a suddenly".  There have been mobile Aliens games going back to Alien for the Gameboy and Aliens Unleashed for mobile phones 16 years ago.  They haven't stopped making PC and console games in that time and aren't going to now.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I was just thinking about the gameboy lol.

I used to play AvP and Alien3 on the gameboy when i was a kid. Man those games were so bad but I played them relentlessly. (Still have them  ;D)

Kids today have no idea what a bad game is until they've played one of these things:

Those things were  aweful and everywhere, they were so popular that they stopped making all other games forever. :laugh:

SM

SM

I was unfamiliar with the Gameboy version of Alien 3 until recently.  I just assumed it was a side scrolling platformer like the console versions.  Instead it a top down thing - where Ripley hooks up Bishop to the EEV at the end and flies off!

426Buddy

426Buddy

It was such a strange game, it was too difficult for me to beat as a kid though, same with AvP.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 11, 2019, 12:44:36 AM
I was just thinking about the gameboy lol.

I used to play AvP and Alien3 on the gameboy when i was a kid. Man those games were so bad but I played them relentlessly. (Still have them  ;D)

Kids today have no idea what a bad game is until they've played one of these things:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kT98iEETJ0w/hqdefault.jpg

Those things were  aweful and everywhere, they were so popular that they stopped making all other games forever. :laugh:

Oh man, I remember those. I had the XMEN one.

Local Trouble

Does Aliens Infestation count as a mobile game?

SM

SM

You didn't have to plug it into the telly so why not.

Local Trouble

I miss playing games like that on my telly.  The SNES Alien 3 is an old favorite of mine.

SiL

SiL

Man, Aliens Unleashed was more enjoyable than it had any right to be. It's one of the reasons I'm OK with Blackout.

That and the fact it looks like a modern version of the original Alien C64/ZX Spectrum/Literally everything else from the early 80s.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm okay with Blackout being a mobile game, I've played quite a few really polished, really fun mobile games in my day. AvP: Evolution is still a hoot, the Dead Space mobile game was fantastic, I still can't stop playing Freeblade, Lara Croft: Temple Run is a blast, Plague Inc is excellent, Pocket Trains is addictive as hell, the list goes on.

Local Trouble

I just wish there was a console port so I could play on my telly.  I generally can't be arsed to play games when visiting the loo or riding in a lorry.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 11, 2019, 05:25:15 AM
Man, Aliens Unleashed was more enjoyable than it had any right to be. It's one of the reasons I'm OK with Blackout.

That and the fact it looks like a modern version of the original Alien C64/ZX Spectrum/Literally everything else from the early 80s.

I never got to play Unleashed. I didn't have a phone that could do it back then! I think that was actually the first incarnaiton of Alien on a mobile mobile?

But SM is completely right. Alien (and Predator) have existed on mobile platforms for decades! This is no sudden move. And many of the mobile - I suppose we used to call them handheld - games were actually fun! I think Infestation and Evolution are genuinely great games. Hell, I used to play the shit out of Thanatos Encounter back in secondary school.

Yeah, it sucks we're not getting an Isolation 2. But I am glad I'm getting a new Alien title to carry in my pocket (as long as it's good!). I loved Evolution but it's nearly 4 years old or so. It'll be nice to have some additional variety in the Alien games I can carry around with me. 

Quote from: SM on Jan 11, 2019, 01:35:36 AM
I was unfamiliar with the Gameboy version of Alien 3 until recently.  I just assumed it was a side scrolling platformer like the console versions.  Instead it a top down thing - where Ripley hooks up Bishop to the EEV at the end and flies off!

It's been a few years since I tried this but I couldn't figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing with this one.  :-\

I was always gutted that AvP on the GBA never materialized. I was also gutted that Alien Trilogy never got a GBA port. Since it could run Doom and Duke Nukem, I'd hoped we'd have seen a Trilogy port. I suppose licensing issues would have put that one out too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed