DH Announces Alien: Rescue (Amanda Ripley’s Story Continues)

Started by Ultramorph, Feb 20, 2019, 04:32:00 PM

Author
DH Announces Alien: Rescue (Amanda Ripley’s Story Continues) (Read 42,981 times)

Local Trouble

Who knew Amanda would wind up being the top alien expert in the family?

JokersWarPig

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Feb 20, 2019, 06:48:07 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 20, 2019, 06:15:40 PM
Resistance is still at issue 1 and they are already announcing a sequel? I don't get where they got that people are that interested on more of Amanda.

Personally, I'd be more interested in getting the backstories of the rest of the Nostromo crew, the Sulaco Marines, and the prisoners on Fury 161. There is so much more in this universe than just the Aliens and the Ripleys.

While I will always love seeing Marines/Aliens/Predators duke it out I do agree. Some comics/books expanding on other things would be great.

Local Trouble

One of the old comics actually had Vasquez's sister.  I thought that was a novel change.

SM

This is something I have discussed with the powers that be.

Unfortunately this isn't Star Wars where you could pick any element and make a story around it that will find an audience - Jedi, Sith, rebels, empire, first order, seperatists, bounty hunters, or myriad other things.

With Alien, it needs to be tied to the creatures in some way, or failing that the USCM which is the next most popular aspect.

We had backstorys to the Covenant crew and some marines and they've generally been regarded as the weakest stories of recent times.  Years ago DH press did a few books that pushed the Aliens into the background and they're not exactly fan faves either.

Local Trouble

Where does DotS fall on that spectrum?

SM

An entirely different wavelength.

Nukiemorph

TheSailingRabbit

Perfect-Organism

I guess this should go into the compiled hard cover with defiance, and resistance...

SM

Maybe with Resistance.  Wouldn't think it'd go with Defiance though.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Feb 21, 2019, 01:59:55 AM
Maybe with Resistance.  Wouldn't think it'd go with Defiance though.

Only just started reading Defiance today (I know, late to the game) so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this book going to be a continuation of the Defiance/Resistance story arc (even if Zula herself doesn't feature)?

SM

SM

Resistance and Rescue were conceived as a whole new story arc focusing on Zula and Amanda rather than just Zula like in Defiance.  It's what Life & Death was to Fire & Stone.

Postdark

Postdark

They're really running with Amanda.

Which reminds me, does anyone know why DH were always so reluctant to put Ellen or Dutch in their Alien/Predator comics? I know Ripley's story was closed off in the movies but they could always claim alternate universes/timelines. Dutch would of course be easier to fit into a Predator comic for obvious reasons.

Is it a rights issue or a "this is sacred ground, no funnybook writers allowed?" type of thing were Fox is vetoing stories with the original characters?

SM

They had Ripley's story (and Hicks and Newts) in the original comic run back in the late 80's then moved off into other areas.

I would assume they are doing what they can to avoid continuity errors like they ended up with after that comic run and Alien 3 killed everyone.  Shaw was avoided due to avoid clashing with the sequel and there are no plans to have a story featuring David, Daniels and Tennessee.  There was a sequel comic to Predators with Royce and Isabelle - and Goro Predator.

Postdark

Postdark

I had no idea the comics were so concerned with preserving continuty.

I guess I'm just user to cape comics where there's about a thousand different alternate universes and even in the main one canon is just a suggestion

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed