Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 394,311 times)

The Shuriken

So Prometheus is now part of this board game? What are these biomechanoids?

[cancerblack]

Nah, Prometheus has nothing to do with the boardgame unless you're playing against me. ;)

The Biomechanoids are "human" servants of the Engineers.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteHello Everyone,
We are very busy behind the scenes getting AvP ready to ship, so as you can imagine Prodos Games have been very focused on that task. We know that communication has been lacking from us and for this we apologize.
We want to address a few points today for clarity sake.
Prodos Games still have the Aliens vs Predator license. There is no licensing dispute, Kickstarter will not let us choose to keep the page down unless it says there is. So this is why the page still states that there is a dispute.
We cannot set a specific release date, this has been requested by Fox until the product is fully approved and ready to be finally manufactured. We are not allowed to ship any components until the entire project has been approved. This is the nature of a licensed product we are working very hard to get everything finished.
We cannot offer refunds, as the project is a Kickstarter project and the nature of Kickstarter is that it funds the investment required to create the product. Accidents happen and they are currently being resolved. This is how Kickstarters work sometimes a project gets behind, we are behind, but will be fulfilling pledges as soon as we can.
Please be civil in your comments and questions, any aggressive comments will not be tolerated. We understand people are upset, but remain calm we are in the final stretch!
Prodos Games will endeavor to answer all questions whenever possible in 3-5 days from this point forward. I have been allocated to spend a large amount of my time to monitor and answer your questions on this page. We recognize that communication is very important. I can assure you that this will happen going forward and will answer what I can to the best of my ability; with that said sometimes we cannot share everything because something's are just out of our control.
Thanks
The Prodos Games Team

Latest update.

PRJ_since1990

Very good, glad to hear. When was this posted? Normally I receive an email from them.

[cancerblack]

It got put up on the facebook page a day or two back. No idea why they didn't email this one.

Corporal Hicks

You know their communication isn't the greatest.   :P

I'll just be glad to start seeing shipping notices. I'm getting sick of the negativity, impatient and lack of understanding all over my feeds.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2015, 08:37:45 AM
You know their communication isn't the greatest.   :P

I'll just be glad to start seeing shipping notices. I'm getting sick of the negativity, impatient and lack of understanding all over my feeds.

Quoted for truth. This seems to be the usual state of affairs for anything wargaming related unfortunately. At least the vitriol hasn't reached "Games Workshop did something" levels of rage yet.

I wonder how many of the complainers are 40k expies, actually.

Corporal Hicks

I'm having the same problem with the Star Trek Attack Wing community. Wargamers just whinge like bitches, it's so tiresome.

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2015, 08:35:57 AM
I'm having the same problem with the Star Trek Attack Wing community. Wargamers just whinge like bitches, it's so tiresome.

Where Wizkids is concerned, I tend to expect a lot of bitching.

For those who haven't seen it Jarek posted the following to a facebook question:

O.k I have a question, if I have backed the KS campaign and also added pledges through the webstore, will they be sent out with the KS stuff, separately, or with the webstore stuff? And what is the plan with the retail version? Will it have a release date as soon as the pledges are fulfilled? Will it have a later release date once the plastics have been produced? Is it undecided? Can you even say at the moment?

Jarek Ever: Board game 1st to KS, then retail, the add ons to KS and Retail. When I say KS I mean all pledges from shop + KS website.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2015, 08:35:57 AM

Yeah, I almost gave up on tabletop gaming all together for a while due to this, thankfully I found a group of chilled out people to game with and don't have to expose myself to the horror of the community (offline, at least).

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The evolution of a custom character for what will eventually be a homebrew (and very Lovecraftian) Engineer faction:

Corporal Hicks

Its looking really good so far mate.

Nightmare Asylum

Some fantastic work, CB.

[cancerblack]

Thanks guys. Here's his card for the game, made by Jason Ropp on Facebook:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed