Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 397,945 times)

[cancerblack]

Oh, of course, but I was wondering if on top of that, Fox was less trigger-happy with Prometheus than the older licenses.

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 17, 2014, 09:19:51 PM
Oh, of course, but I was wondering if on top of that, Fox was less trigger-happy with Prometheus than the older licenses.

I doubt that, considering how Dark Horse was able to apply Prometheus elements to both the Alien and Predator franchises. I bet the license for Prometheus costs more to deal with.

Plus, I don't think Prometheus fits in all that well with what Prodos has going on. Especially with how keen they were on adding characters from the Capcom AVP game.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Visceral_Mass on Dec 17, 2014, 10:10:27 PM
Plus, I don't think Prometheus fits in all that well with what Prodos has going on. Especially with how keen they were on adding characters from the Capcom AVP game.

you have a point there, actually.

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 17, 2014, 10:12:57 PM

you have a point there, actually.

The kid in me would love a board game based solely on that video game. I spent many quarters playing it along with the Konami Aliens game.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 17, 2014, 07:04:16 PM
I wonder whether it's just that prommy is a separate license (so more $$$ to use it), or if Fox is being a tad cagey with it so there aren't a million things being retconned whenever Scott gets around to making the sequel?

Thinking about that just makes me sad. The retconning part anyway..  :'(

Agreed and this is the one thing I would like to leave Prometheus out of, because as much as I like(ed) that movie-- I think it's just being shelved out a bit too much. Also, I have to agree that it wouldn't fit considering that this board game is treating almost every medium as "canon" since the Prodos team did say that they looked at everything in the "canon" and acquired it for their game. I was very surprised to learn that the characters from Capcom's AvP were added as well as the Kenner Aliens.

[cancerblack]

Source on Kenner Aliens being included in the license?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 18, 2014, 01:30:07 AM
Source on Kenner Aliens being included in the license?

I remember Prodos saying it, so I am going off by memory. I could be wrong though.

Corporal Hicks

They've said they've got everything, other than the named characters.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Hmmm. I really hope they don't go making Killer Crab Alien or Wild Boar Alien before they've  delivered on the Giger and Cameron Aliens.

Well, I was going to have some pictures of some cool Gigeresque minions for my Engineers today, but after spending all day painting them, the varnish has potentially ruined them. I've just gotta wait it out and see how much of it dries clear. A lot of it is milky right now.

:(

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 18, 2014, 08:17:09 AM
They've said they've got everything, other than the named characters.

Could this possibly include Kenner Predators?

Shit.. even Dead End Predators?

Corporal Hicks

Don't see why not. I don't think they specifically talked about them but from what they're saying, it sounds like they've got all the designs.

RakaiThwei

[Fanboy Squeal]

If they do get the Dead End Predators...

DO WANT,  DO WANT, DO WANT, DO WANT!!!  ;D

[cancerblack]

Awful picture quality I'm afraid, but here's some more Engineer related stuff:

Engineer (now with finished base) :

Some biomechanoids to serve him:

And the beginnings of a unit of Aliens:

PRJ_since1990

So any news since the last small update, regarding final approval?

[cancerblack]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed