Augmented Reality Chestburster T-Shirt

Started by ikarop, Aug 28, 2012, 06:11:04 PM

Author
Augmented Reality Chestburster T-Shirt (Read 10,608 times)

Master Chief

Yep, coolest t-shirt ever.

RazorSlash

I'd like the shirt better if it just had the picture and "CHESTBURSTER" at the top.

Sexy Poot

HOLY. CHRIST. We've come a long way since the days of the cavemen.

chupacabras acheronsis

it's purring...

RazorSlash

And it's adorable

ikarop

Just tried it using the tracking image and it's so cool. Looks better than in the video.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I fooking love augmented reality stuff. This is fantastic.

Edit-- so is there no iOS app for this yet? That video is from late May and it says the iOS app is "coming soon".

boostedlsj

Please don't bash me but how exactly does this shirt work? I don't get it.......obviously it doesn't have this effect in real life while you are wearing it. So do you wear the shirt and take videos of it then it inserts the chestburster while recording?

SM

Terx2

Looks cool. The thing I don't like is the alien picture it bursts out of. I'd rather have it so it looks like it's bursting through the shirt. Just my opinion other than that it's great.

SM

SM

Be better it it actually looked like a proper chestburster.

ikarop

The iOS version has been released today: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chest-burster/id536120336?mt=8

Xenomrph

Quote from: boostedlsj on Aug 29, 2012, 03:35:52 AM
Please don't bash me but how exactly does this shirt work? I don't get it.......obviously it doesn't have this effect in real life while you are wearing it. So do you wear the shirt and take videos of it then it inserts the chestburster while recording?
Sort of. You use your iphone/android's camera to look at the marker image, and then the augmented-reality app recognizes the marker image and overlays the 3D chestburster graphic in real time, so when you move your camera around the chestburster rotates "realistically".

SM

SM

I remember hearing about someone who kinda did something similar where you didn't need this augmented reaility stuff.

You wear an ipad on your back and another on your chest, over the ipad is a shirt with a ragged bloody hole front and back.

Then they connect to each other via facetime.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed