First Look at the Predators! (Updated)

Started by Johnny Handsome, May 14, 2017, 07:16:26 AM

Author
First Look at the Predators! (Updated) (Read 102,791 times)

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: LetsBeReal on May 17, 2017, 09:41:56 PM
I don't care how bonkers those photos appear. When Shane Black mentions STRANGER THINGS as inspiration for his PREDATOR, I'm all in.

Stranger Things is overrated IMO.

Corporal Hicks

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 17, 2017, 10:25:53 PM
I don't care how bonkers those photos appear. When Shane Black mentions STRANGER THINGS as inspiration for his PREDATOR, I'm all in.

Is there anything that you think is good?
Everybody I know loves Stranger Things and it has that 80's feel that drew my wife and I into binge watching it because of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on May 18, 2017, 10:52:22 AM

Everybody I know loves Stranger Things and it has that 80's feel that drew my wife and I into binge watching it because of that

A lot of people love ST, it doesn't mean I have the obligation to love it too.Don't be a sheep.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 18, 2017, 11:56:18 AM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on May 18, 2017, 10:52:22 AM

A lot of people love ST, it doesn't mean I have the obligation to love it too.Don't be a sheep.

Definitely not a sheep, I don't follow things because of others, I'm only saying because you seem to hate everything. I loved Stranger Things because it brought me back to my childhood and I loved the feel of the filming. Plus I'm not gonna hate on The Predator when I haven't seen it and wait to judge it after that

episodenone

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 17, 2017, 03:45:42 PM
I can almost see how this whole thing went...

SHANE: "I want to get back to the roots of what made PREDATOR such a bad-ass movie guys!"
EVERYBODY: "Hell yeah!  Shane Black man, he gets it!  He was in the first Predator movie!"
SHANE: "That's right, I'm going to make the best Predator movie since the first one. It's gonna be AWESOME!"
EVERYBODY: "That's right man, Shane Black...doing a righteous Predator sequel...FINALLY!"
SHANE: "Yep, you know it.  Now, I'm gonna want lots of Predators in this...helping humans."
EVERYBODY: "Uh...YEAH!  Shane Black...gettin' his Predator groove on!"
SHANE: "S'right! I'm gonna need a kid too. Make him "special" so he can decode Predator languages and stuff...because...you know...kids."
EVERYBODY: "Shane...Black...gonna' do Predator...right...yeah."
SHANE: "Yessir...I'm also gonna need that chick from Attack Of The Show...because, you know...boobs."
EVERYBODY: "Ummm....Shane Black...Predator?"
SHANE: "Then, I want mutant Predators...lots of 'em."
EVERYBODY: "Sha...huh?"
SHANE: "Yeah, mutant Preds...I'm thinking Spider Preds!"
EVERYBODY: "Wait...what?"
SHANE: "Predator driving tanks...bad ass!"
EVERYBODY: "......."
ARNOLD: "I'm out...I won't be back."

f**king Brilliant man. Brilliant.  Mic Drop.

I thought I was seeing things with the Predator in a tank... but I guess the presumption is that there is a Predator... in a tank... that will be in the movie... in a tank... meaning I'll be tanked... when I see this movie... from my couch... on FX... with commercial interruptions...

I'm not one to judge something this early -- but there is a Predator in a tank.

SpeedyMaxx

If a Predator in a tank is enough to keep you out of the theater the AVP films must've been straight to Redbox.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 18, 2017, 11:51:59 PM
If a Predator in a tank is enough to keep you out of the theater the AVP films must've been straight to Redbox.

It's enough to makes this movie flop actually.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 18, 2017, 11:59:19 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 18, 2017, 11:51:59 PM

It's enough to makes this movie flop actually.

I'll take that bet.

Huggs

Huggs

I'm getting some serious "Men in Black" vibes from this film. They need Tommy Lee to come flying out of nowhere and blast the super predator at the end.

Ya know, thinking of it like M.I.B., if they embrace the whole weird and campy feel they've got going on, and people go into this thing with a certain level of indifference, this might actually be something neat. I don't have extremely high hopes mind you; iron man 3 was pretty rough, although it didn't have predators in it. But this might be fun, in a Pirates of the Caribbean/M.I.B. kind of way.

Space Invader

Reminds me of that AvP arcade game, where Predators team up with humans to fight hordes of Aliens. Predators can also use human weapons (pulse rifles, smart guns, grenades, combat knives).

echobbase79

In the comic series Big Game the Predator in that uses a gun to kill a human.

goose_3387

Still hoping that the hybrid Predator has a classic design as it's base. Predators tried the whole primal bare minimum look and whilst I liked Berserkers design it's not something I want to see again from a lead Predator.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: ithinkitshawkins on May 19, 2017, 11:01:26 AM
Quote from: greygoose on May 19, 2017, 07:00:25 AM
Still hoping that the hybrid Predator has a classic design as it's base. Predators tried the whole primal bare minimum look and whilst I liked Berserkers design it's not something I want to see again from a lead Predator.

It sounds like it will deviate even more than the beserkers. I hope it will look interesting though.

In the script
Spoiler
the hybrid wears no armour but in the supposedly legit survey it wears a full armour, maybe they're still deciding yet the final design for the hybrid, I do hope they received the fans signal, and make it shorter than 10 foot tall.
[close]

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: ithinkitshawkins on May 19, 2017, 03:56:12 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 19, 2017, 03:37:19 PM
Quote from: ithinkitshawkins on May 19, 2017, 11:01:26 AM
Quote from: greygoose on May 19, 2017, 07:00:25 AM

It sounds like it will deviate even more than the beserkers. I hope it will look interesting though.

In the script
Spoiler
the hybrid wears no armour but in the supposedly legit survey it wears a full armour, maybe they're still deciding yet the final design for the hybrid, I do hope they received the fans signal, and make it shorter than 10 foot tall.
[close]

Spoiler
I personally love that it's huge so i don't want them to make it shorter. Some armor would be cool though. Although i have no idea what it is supposed to be. With the height i'm guessing it will be a CG creature
[close]

I think this one is gonna be cgi too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed