CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer!

Started by Moosh89, Jun 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM

Author
CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer! (Read 107,785 times)

FightFinda

Hmm, on that image I think I can see Ferro, Dietrich, Wierzbowski and Apone(?) but I'm really not sure who the big guy on the left is?

By the way, I'll be getting this on PS3 no matter the outcome/reviews so if you need someone to ensure that the Aliens "Get Some!!" I'd be happy to join you and anyone else who's stuck for teammates.

MrSpaceJockey

Black guy is Frost. Last guy is Daniel Kash I believe - Spunkmeyer.

Moosh89

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 01, 2012, 01:07:20 PM
Hmm, on that image I think I can see Ferro, Dietrich, Wierzbowski and Apone(?) but I'm really not sure who the big guy on the left is?

By the way, I'll be getting this on PS3 no matter the outcome/reviews so if you need someone to ensure that the Aliens "Get Some!!" I'd be happy to join you and anyone else who's stuck for teammates.

Left to right: Wierzbowski, Dietrich, Frost, Ferro & Spunkmeyer

And if you are offering friendship to me, FOR SURE!!! Haha

FightFinda

Thanks for the clarification, I really thought the far-right was Wierzbowski, oh well.

Of course Moosh, a stranger is just a friend I haven't met :). It would be good if, when a playerbase gets established, we could have a gaggle of AVPGers all yelling "LET'S ROOOOCCKK!!" hehe.

ShadowPred

f**king congratulations Moosh! I cannot tell you how inspiring it is to see someone from our community rallying us together for a single cause, and making that cause succeed. I respect you completely and all I can say now is that I am honored to have played my part in this by having my signature in the petition.

Griffith

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 02, 2012, 04:46:59 AM
f**king congratulations Moosh! I cannot tell you how inspiring it is to see someone from our community rallying us together for a single cause, and making that cause succeed. I respect you completely and all I can say now is that I am honored to have played my part in this by having my signature in the petition.

^ ^ I second this

also Moosh's name for the contest your name in A:CM

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/08/10/aliens-colonial-marines-your-name-featured-in-the-game/

We all want our name on ACM but I believe that no one else deserve this geek reward more than Moosh

Congratz from Mexico  ;)

Moosh89

Just to clarify everyone, I believe we jumped the gun a little bit here with the celebrations.

I would still prepare for bad news regarding playable females. As a friend pointed out, the interviewer does not say explicitly "playable females". I have been on my iPhone all night reading the forums so I will re-edit first thing tomorrow when I can get on my laptop again :)

If it is bad news I still have big plans for the petition, don't worry!

So hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

szkoki

szkoki

Wierzbowski :)

in the multiplayer the female playable character could be implemented anytime, im not sure about the storyline, even more if the main character has dialogues in it...

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 01, 2012, 01:07:20 PM

from left to right  - Wierzbowski, Dietrich, Frost, Ferro, Spunkmeyer

SpaceMarines

Just saw the Steedman video, Moosh. It's blowing me away how much support you've been able to get for this petition. It's really an inspiring thing. You're one of the best people on this forum, for sure. :)

ShadowPred

Quote from: Moosh89 on Sep 02, 2012, 08:17:15 AM
Just to clarify everyone, I believe we jumped the gun a little bit here with the celebrations.

I would still prepare for bad news regarding playable females. As a friend pointed out, the interviewer does not say explicitly "playable females". I have been on my iPhone all night reading the forums so I will re-edit first thing tomorrow when I can get on my laptop again :)

All in all, be prepared. Got ya, Moosh!

Sexy Poot

Wait, so this whole females in multiplayer thing was started by the Moosh89 chick, here in AvPGalaxy?

Moosh89

That's me  ;D

;)

And to think My first initial goal 3 months ago was 100 signatures.... hahaha!

Sexy Poot

Goddamn. I just checked it. Almost 4000. Good for u sister. Metroid & Alien have been my series of choice ever since I was little, so I fully understand the importance of strong, unsexualized female portrayals. Good to see someone getting something done in such a big way.

SM

Nice work, Moosh.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Moosh89 on Sep 02, 2012, 08:17:15 AM

JUMP THE GUN NO MORE

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 02, 2012, 11:10:54 PM
A playable female marine, as well as other playable characters, just got announced:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=145411

QuoteDemarcus, Jennifer and Guillermo appear as playable characters in co-op. When playing through the campaign in co-op, the host controls Winter with the rest of the party able to choose between players Demarcus, Jennifer and Guillermo -- complete with a variety of customization elements we'll have more on later.

Congrats again, Moosh!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed