CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer!

Started by Moosh89, Jun 08, 2012, 04:29:11 AM

Author
CONGRATS FOR REAL! Playable Females in Multiplayer! (Read 107,785 times)

Moosh89

Thanks!

While that is extremely great news, I hope that isn't all the news regarding this that will be revealed today!

Still hoping for a completely customizable experience for both Males and Females, Like Head (and maybe hair!), Skin, Body (Slim/thicker) Armour customization, etc... in the COMPETITIVE multiplayer!

Thanks again for sharing!!

SpaceMarines

That's what I'm hoping for too.

Moosh89

Quote from: ChrisF;2708666I am happy to be able to confirm that female marines are playable in competitive multiplayer as well as co-op, complete with customization elements. This is something the team has been planning and working on for quite some time, and that work is finally at the point where we can confirm it will indeed ship with the game when it releases on February 12, 2013.

Hoping its like I listed!!

Anyway, Congrats for real this time!!!

ikarop

ShadowPred

Quote from: Moosh89 on Sep 02, 2012, 11:34:01 PM
Quote from: ChrisF;2708666I am happy to be able to confirm that female marines are playable in competitive multiplayer as well as co-op, complete with customization elements. This is something the team has been planning and working on for quite some time, and that work is finally at the point where we can confirm it will indeed ship with the game when it releases on February 12, 2013.

Hoping its like I listed!!

Anyway, Congrats for real this time!!!

f**king confirmed multi-player, f**k yes!!!

Predaker

Predaker

Playable females! I am so happy right now.

Thank you Moosh, and everyone who supported this.

ikarop

http://kotaku.com/5939939/despite-accusations-aliens-colonial-marines-will-indeed-have-female-marines-gearbox-says

This matches with what I was told. Minus the bit about Brian Burleson which I never heard before. Nice to see them talk about it openly.

ShadowPred

This news just makes me so f**king happy. Being able to write on my gear?! AWESOME

SM

QuoteThe online controversy was first stirred by a post-E3 interview where senior producer Brian Burleson had claimed there were no playable female characters. What he meant, Pitchford told me, was that there were no playable characters in the E3 demo, which only featured team deathmatch

Backpedal much...

Moosh89

Quote from: SM on Sep 02, 2012, 11:58:54 PM
QuoteThe online controversy was first stirred by a post-E3 interview where senior producer Brian Burleson had claimed there were no playable female characters. What he meant, Pitchford told me, was that there were no playable characters in the E3 demo, which only featured team deathmatch

Backpedal much...

Dammit! haha, I wish there was a like button on these forums!!! hahahaha, no kidding :)

Berserker Pred

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 02, 2012, 11:45:01 PM
http://kotaku.com/5939939/despite-accusations-aliens-colonial-marines-will-indeed-have-female-marines-gearbox-says

This matches with what I was told. Minus the bit about Brian Burleson which I never heard before. Nice to see them talk about it openly.

I hope you can write swears on you're gear, I wanna have Bad Motherf***er written on my chest! :laugh: It would be cool too if you chose or make a symbol to put on your gear like the skull Hudson has on his armour!

ADC

Quote from: Predaker on Sep 02, 2012, 11:39:09 PM
Playable females! I am so happy right now.

Thank you Moosh, and everyone who supported this.

Hear, hear. And thanks to the AVPG staff for posting the Wierzbowski video. Well done to Melissa of course and everyone that signed the petition. It's heartening to know that a petition with fan and cast interaction can actually make a difference. Wow.

Njm1983

Njm1983

I guess congratulations are in order. Though gearbox won't admit it, I truly believe mooshs efforts are what turned the tide. Without her perseverance I really doubt that gearbox would have been making the announcements we've seen today.

Sexy Poot

Yeah, most people will inevitably look this over, but it really is a big deal that this started from a small fan-site from one person.

Predaker

Predaker

Their comments are damage control, I think. They claim they weren't ready to reveal this new info yet, but they did it anyway because of the growing petition.

Why wasn't it ready to be shown? Maybe because they just started working on it... ;)

Regardless, I am ecstatic. Thanks again to all supporters!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed