Alien: Blackout First Impressions Are In & They’re Pretty Good!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 11, 2019, 07:56:37 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout First Impressions Are In & They’re Pretty Good! (Read 32,097 times)

robbritton

The 'Five nights...' thing aside, the thing this most reminds me of is the old ZX Spectrum game where you had to get the Nostromo crew to safety. I loved that game, so am more than willing to try a contemporary equivalent!

(On the off-chance anybody doesn't know which game I mean: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6NVttxy_nI )

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jan 13, 2019, 11:57:14 AM
From the people that hates games that people love *cough*cough Alien Isolation *cough*cough. Comes a good review of a Five Nights at Freddy's clone, just repackaged to look and feel like it's in the aliens universe. Great. At the same time I may be a little harsh but it's a phone game, the idea a game that storywise is a tie in to a triple AAA game is ridiculous.

It is more than just IGN who are posting positive impressions (as per the first post.) And, the person who wrote this Blackout article for IGN was not the same person who trashed Isolation. In fact, she wrote the second review that IGN published that liked the game.

Local Trouble

When will you get a chance to review it?

Perfect-Organism

If This is intended to be a Tie-In to a Netflix series that goes by the same name with this sort of look... awesome!

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 13, 2019, 01:37:25 PM
Quote from: Predwars24 on Jan 13, 2019, 11:57:14 AM
From the people that hates games that people love *cough*cough Alien Isolation *cough*cough. Comes a good review of a Five Nights at Freddy's clone, just repackaged to look and feel like it's in the aliens universe. Great. At the same time I may be a little harsh but it's a phone game, the idea a game that storywise is a tie in to a triple AAA game is ridiculous.

It is more than just IGN who are posting positive impressions (as per the first post.) And, the person who wrote this Blackout article for IGN was not the same person who trashed Isolation. In fact, she wrote the second review that IGN published that liked the game.

I thought Mr. H was a more respectable/reliable youtuber, what happened? Has he turned to click bait or was that always the case?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 13, 2019, 02:51:57 PM
If This is intended to be a Tie-In to a Netflix series that goes by the same name with this sort of look... awesome!

I'm skeptical that Fox would enter into a new venture with Netflix at this time.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 13, 2019, 02:59:36 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 13, 2019, 02:51:57 PM

I'm skeptical that Fox would enter into a new venture with Netflix at this time.

Fairly so, I would say, but the rumors of an Aliens show have been swirling for months now, and since the word "watch" doesn't relate to a film, what does that leave?

Local Trouble

Something for Disney's streaming service, maybe?

Perfect-Organism

Hmm, I think I may have used the word Netflix as a generic term for a tv show that is accessible on a streaming platform.  What I meant was an ongoing show on s streaming platform whether it be HBO, Netflix, Disney or wherever else an Alien show may appear.

Corporal Hicks

https://www.geek.com/games/hands-on-alien-blackout-is-a-mobile-game-for-people-who-hate-mobile-games-1769852/

Another hands-on. Another positive one.

QuoteAlien: Blackout is not at all what I imagined. It does an admirable job of capturing the tension and suspense of the Alien franchise in a unique and enjoyable way. It also manages to avoid all of the negative aspects of mobile games; namely, cheap graphics and microtransactions. As a person who normally doesn't give these titles a second glance, Alien: Blackout demonstrates the untapped potential of mobile platforms. Hopefully, we'll get more games of this kind moving forward.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2019, 06:40:11 PM
https://www.geek.com/games/hands-on-alien-blackout-is-a-mobile-game-for-people-who-hate-mobile-games-1769852/

Another hands-on. Another positive one.

QuoteAlien: Blackout is not at all what I imagined. It does an admirable job of capturing the tension and suspense of the Alien franchise in a unique and enjoyable way. It also manages to avoid all of the negative aspects of mobile games; namely, cheap graphics and microtransactions. As a person who normally doesn't give these titles a second glance, Alien: Blackout demonstrates the untapped potential of mobile platforms. Hopefully, we'll get more games of this kind moving forward.

*click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click*

~The sound of some people editing their first outraged reactions from This sucks! What a cash grab! No one wants this!  to  Hey all, give this game a chance!~   ;D

yarko

The way I see it, it doesnt matter if it ends up being the very best game ever created. Playing in the tiny screen of your phone is wrong for a game like this. Imagine they confirm there is an Alien tv series in the making, but somehow you wont be able to see it in a TV, only  phones. It would suck just as much and I hardly think anyone would defend that.

Also, on a personal level, I've spend lots of money on having a gaming PC, and a PS4 Pro with PSVR, and a Nintendo Switch, I'm not algo going to spend money on a $1000 phone just to play a game (even a game I really want to play). I dont think my third-hand $100 phone is able to even install this. Phones are for calling and texting, maybe a casual angry birds game. Alien deserves more than this.

However, I hope that this sells well so in the future they consider porting it to PC/consoles. It has happened with other mobile games, I think.

426Buddy

Works on tablets too.

Im still enjoying AvP Evolution on my phone.. funny how my lil phone has more power than almost all the consoles I grew up with combined. Has a bigger screen than a lot of hand held gaming systems did too.

cloverfan98

For sure I wanted an actual Alien Isolation 2 in the place of this but I'm not opposed to this new game. I quite loved AVP Evolution so I'm down for another mobile Alien game especially if it isn't free to play pay to win.

Corporal Hicks

So it's already tomorrow in Japan and a few bits are cropping up on Twitter. Nothing mega so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed