Doom (2016) (Doom 4)

Started by Ratchetcomand, May 09, 2008, 12:07:44 PM

Author
Doom (2016) (Doom 4) (Read 86,783 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 26, 2020, 02:33:58 AM
Quote from: Wysps on Aug 25, 2020, 04:37:28 PM
I keep hearing that the difficulty has increased, but don't know if it's attributed to how the arenas are set up or the new weapons/extras.  I'm glad the Rune Trials are gone though, didn't care for those in 2016.
It is harder, but it's better. There's a lot more verticality, and a lot more intricacy in the combat. It's like playing ultraviolent chess.
You have to constantly work out what moves you need to make and when, and how you need to apply them to the current combat arena. It can be so hard, but it always feels fair. I've never once felt that a loss was anything but my own misstep somewhere along the way.
It's extremely satisfying to get through
. Apart from Marauders. They suck.

I'm not the best at games, but damnit I try my best  :laugh:  So if that's the case, then I can probably manage.   

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Aug 27, 2020, 06:18:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KqsTyDHV5A

Looks so good.  But Part 1?  Makes me wonder if they're calling it for the series and releasing the rest of the "story" content through DLC's. 

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Deathbearer

426Buddy

426Buddy

I've had some time to play more and I can say yes the game is very unforgiving. However it's also very rewarding when you succeed.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Okay difficult combat is great but the ever increasing platforming insanity is starting to p*ss me off a bit :laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

the platforming pissed me off the most

it took me right out of the game to have a level designed as a level in a video game

the first one at least felt like you were in a real doom world, whereas Eternal despite having the more interesting lore is just some dude running around in a violent arcade world jumping and swinging on shit that has no function other than for you to jump and swing around on.

suffers a little bit of the same problem that re4 did back in the day

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Xbox is buying Bethesda
Jesus Christ this is wild. I've been Playstation for a whole gen but if Xbox gets exclusive Doom games I don't know what I'm gonna do

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I always end up with both. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

PC master race. :-*

426Buddy

426Buddy

One nice thing i've learned form Doom16 and Doom Eternal is that if you get stuck, just take day off or two and come back and you'll get past the hard part usually pretty easily.

Stitch

Stitch

With the Microsoft takeover of Zenimax, I'm looking forward to the Doom Eternal DLC coming to gamepass (hopefully).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've been playing Doom Eternal over the last week and enjoying it. The huge jump in time and plot threw me for a loop - keep feeling like I've missed an absolute shitload of stuff - and there seems to be a lot more environmental puzzles, which are really slowing me down sometimes. But I'm really enjoying the intense action in this one.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Was there a huge jump in time? 

I thought Eternal just explained what Doom 2016 just didn't bother to or only hinted at. 

426Buddy

426Buddy

The beginning is jarring for sure. At the end of 16' you are trapped on Mars by that robot doctor. In eternal you are traveling through space on a flying fortress of Doom and you have to save a hell ravaged earth .

DOOM Eternal is fabulous, soo very difficult but so much fun. I'm at the end of the game, but haven't played much through the holiday.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I just figured Slayer couldn't be contained by whatever he was in and went to earth.  I knew some time had passed but not a huge amount of time just because of how Slayer arrived.  Lots of Eternal's background story is told in the past, after Doom 64, but before 2016. 

On Christmas Day actually I fired up Eternal and started playing through the campaign again.  It is MUCH easier after you have upgraded yourself.  I made it to like the third level and still had Extra lifes to spare. 

Way different than the first time where I was constantly dying. 

Reminded me of Souls games once you can finally start upgraded your character and revisit earlier places.  Suddenly they aren't so hard anymore. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed