Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 145,788 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 06, 2012, 12:18:22 PM
What would you all think if all the Weyland technology is stolen from the gods?

well, it certainly looks as if they're going to have to find a previously unrealised technology to get the spacetugs tramping around the galaxy ten years before 2079 or whenever Alien is set. Ridley thought it was rather cheeky to imagine technology leaping that far so soon when he was asked about it during the Blade Runner interviews so perhaps that technology might have to leap into the story from somewhere else

I think it's curious that Weyland Industries from AVP is being used as part of the viral promotion. Do they intend to use it as part of the movie's actual cannon though?

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 05, 2012, 11:55:06 PM
Looking at the updated website. I'm not sure I really like the idea of making the Weyland Corporation this tangible, touchable entity with answers. In some ways it's better and more interesting to have the faceless evil.

Just don't pay the viral stuff too much attention then. I doubt there'll be too much of this sort of detail in the movie, the idea is just to drum up interest.

If that flickering star isn't morse code then it's damn well trying to lead us on a wild goose chase, because it's on a loop (I think) and the pattern fits entirely with morse code. It also stops blinking all together after a while.

I'll be damned if I can get much though. Not sure why but I'm finding it very very hard to keep track. The ones I'm surest of (and I don't know where they come in the sequence) is a 5 followed by an L. That's come back consistently every time I've tried to keep track.

More to follow no doubt, and of course this could easily be a wild goose chase even if it IS morse code!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I just checked the site again, and I noticed the background now has bulges in it that move to the side on the about us page.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 06, 2012, 12:07:24 AM
Looking at the updated website. I'm not sure I really like the idea of making the Weyland Corporation this tangible, touchable entity with answers. In some ways it's better and more interesting to have the faceless evil.
Have to say I agree. :-\

Hey, I found the info email and I'm scared to send something to them.

Quote from: red_otter on Mar 06, 2012, 02:35:26 PM

Just don't pay the viral stuff too much attention then. I doubt there'll be too much of this sort of detail in the movie, the idea is just to drum up interest.

If that flickering star isn't morse code then it's damn well trying to lead us on a wild goose chase, because it's on a loop (I think) and the pattern fits entirely with morse code. It also stops blinking all together after a while.

I'll be damned if I can get much though. Not sure why but I'm finding it very very hard to keep track. The ones I'm surest of (and I don't know where they come in the sequence) is a 5 followed by an L. That's come back consistently every time I've tried to keep track.

More to follow no doubt, and of course this could easily be a wild goose chase even if it IS morse code!

The rumored coordinates to the alien planet uncovered during the reported archaeological dig, maybe?

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

well, it's a pity that Weyland Industries no longer is celebrating 50 years in 2023, I was getting inspired by the confusion

[USCM]Winter

[USCM]Winter

i want that print on my finger  ;D

escroto

escroto

What would you all think if all the Weyland technology is stolen from the gods?
The Alien movie does not suggest such thing, among other things because the company sends another crew back to retrieve the organism.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Mar 06, 2012, 12:12:15 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 06, 2012, 12:06:25 AM
I don't like that in 50 years they are already "Building better worlds" throughout the solar system. It's far too quick. The idea that they are building worlds works in ALIENS because it's set over 50 years after ALIEN.

I was really hoping that this movie would be the FIRST deep space mission that the human race has undertook. Now that's lost for me. And the whole thing is far too Dharma Initiative. I don't like the modern world featuring in an ALIEN movie through the Internet.

50 years is too quick to be having colonies in the solar system?  Why?
Worth mentioning that the new info on the Weyland website could relate back to the "when does 'Aliens: Cauldron' take place?" discussion we were having in the Literature subforum - evidently Weyland Industries had over 60 colonies as early as 2073. I'll cross-post this in the Cauldron thread so we don't derail this thread.

akb

akb

so does the finger belong to an android?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: akb on Mar 06, 2012, 06:40:39 PM
so does the finger belong to an android?

More than likely.

Skylark Duquesne

Skylark Duquesne

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Mar 06, 2012, 02:30:22 PM
What would you all think if all the Weyland technology is stolen from the gods ?

well, it certainly looks as if they're going to have to find a previously unrealised technology to get the spacetugs tramping around the galaxy ten years before 2079 or whenever Alien is set. Ridley thought it was rather cheeky to imagine technology leaping that far so soon when he was asked about it during the Blade Runner interviews so perhaps that technology might have to leap into the story from somewhere else

So Weyland is the Prometheus figure ?
The mining activities mentioned in the Weyland website refer to the solar system. Is the secret for FTL travel discovered in the archeological dig in Petra along with the coordinates for the Space Jockey's world ? Which would account for mankind's early foray into the galaxy.
That does not explain why they find a giant human head in the alien base / spaceship, and why it bears a strange resemblance with Guy Pearce.

harlock

harlock

Weyland's listings of tech developments through the ages may hint at the Engineer's repeated visits to our world or that more likely plot-wise, we have been discovering alien tech left by the Engineer for some time.

It could be wholely possible that we were built to be as we are as part of a larger grand scheme.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Skylark Duquesne on Mar 06, 2012, 08:40:14 PM
So Weyland is the Prometheus figure ?
The mining activities mentioned in the Weyland website refer to the solar system. Is the secret for FTL travel discovered in the archeological dig in Petra along with the coordinates for the Space Jockey's world ? Which would account for mankind's early foray into the galaxy.
That does not explain why they find a giant human head in the alien base / spaceship, and why it bears a strange resemblance with Guy Pearce.

FTL travel = Time travel, ergo Weyland (Pearce) is the Engineer/Jockey. !MYTH CRACKED!

SM

SM

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed