'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer

Started by Space Sweeper, Aug 06, 2012, 07:07:23 AM

Author
'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer (Read 56,856 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It became speculation the moment it spread around the board. It's been said for who knows how long.

acrediblesource

This is turning out to be the weakest argument in design philosophy.
There's nothing wrong with a unique sound in a  specific movie in it's era, but when I have my subwoofer cranked and have 5.1 sound, I'm going to want something great, something similar.
I'm not playing cassette tapes on it, so Id rather not have gearbox pull a half assed fan made soundclip off the dvd dub because some moron made a YOUTUBE clip to publicly humiliate some hard working american citizens.
Some of these people on this forum should just put a James Holmes avatar on.
Thats cowardess shit.

Predaker

Predaker

Yeah I think someone made that up about the pulse rifle sound changing as an upgrade.

We really don't know much about how the upgrades will work yet. The weapon/armor/appearance upgrades will transfer between singleplayer and multiplayer. So any progress made will carry over between the different modes.

I think most of us can agree that the pulse rifle should sound as close to the movie as possible. Yes it will have to fit in with modern technology, but they should be able to get the sound right. Its pretty much the most iconic weapon in ALIENS. They just released a new video and they all said its their favorite weapon.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 07, 2012, 01:14:17 AM
There's nothing wrong with a unique sound in a  specific movie in it's era, but when I have my subwoofer cranked and have 5.1 sound, I'm going to want something great, something similar.
I'm not playing cassette tapes on it, so Id rather not have gearbox pull a half assed fan made soundclip off the dvd dub because some moron made a YOUTUBE clip to publicly humiliate some hard working american citizens.
Thats cowardess shit.

it sounds like shit. i don't care how many bald eagles they killed to get it right.

SM

SM

Thats cowardess shit.

:laugh:

Yeah 'cos people talking about video game = anti American mass murder.

f**kwit.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Thats cowardess shit.

James Holmes, really?

I'm sorry....but...

And stuff

And stuff

What the above people said^  That shit isn't needed here.  this is supposed to be a place to chat with likeminded folks.. and not about mass murderers.  :-\

Now for the reason I came back to this thread - anyone have images of the new xeno type(s)?  I'd love to see them.  If my neighbor's internet wasn't so slow..

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: And stuff on Aug 07, 2012, 01:50:48 AM
What the above people said^  That shit isn't needed here.  this is supposed to be a place to chat with likeminded folks.. and not about mass murderers.  :-\

Now for the reason I came back to this thread - anyone have images of the new xeno type(s)?  I'd love to see them.  If my neighbor's internet wasn't so slow..

If someone hasn't already done it, I'll take screen caps right now.

Razor Blade Tail-Acid Spewing Aliens...I only say "Acid Spewing" because that's a guess.

Razor Mouth Alien

Funky Line Dome Alien

I wonder if the drawing of it upside down, which is on the top right corner, is supposed to be it just camping on the ceiling waiting to strike with it's tail as the poorly photo shopped image on the left is suggesting.

And I am now wondering whether I should call it Funky Line Dome Alien, or Camper Alien.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Thank you for the Screenshots! on that note, my god is that corridor incredibly empty. There are like 4 polygons total with  2 textures. wow. I didnt travel back in time did i? Its still 2012 right?

Predaker

Predaker

I hope the giger alien and warrior alien are still going to be the meat and potatoes of the game, and not just a supporting cast to highlight the new alien types.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 07, 2012, 02:06:15 AM
Thank you for the Screenshots! on that note, my god is that corridor incredibly empty. There are like 4 polygons total with  2 textures. wow. I didnt travel back in time did i? Its still 2012 right?

*Delayed until Fall 2013*

Needs to happen for that, lol.

Quote from: Predaker on Aug 07, 2012, 02:10:44 AM
I hope the giger alien and warrior alien are still going to be the meat and potatoes of the game, and not just a supporting cast to highlight the new alien types.

It would be so f**king awful if this happened.

acrediblesource

Oh, shite, and now i got a hankerin for meat and potatoes.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 07, 2012, 02:12:55 AM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 07, 2012, 02:06:15 AM

*Delayed until Fall 2013*

Needs to happen for that, lol.

Quote from: Predaker on Aug 07, 2012, 02:10:44 AM

It would be so f**king awful if this happened.

Predaker

Predaker

Now we have aliens with a battle axe for a tail that spit acid. What's next, a spiked ball and chain flail tail? Where does this stuff come from? Will the crusher have a cousin named the stretcher, which pulls marines apart limb by limb? The meat grinder alien, which chews up its victims into hamburger meat? Maybe we will see a street bum alien sneak out of the shadows to wash the windows on your dropship.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Predaker on Aug 07, 2012, 02:36:45 AM
Maybe we will see a street bum alien sneak out of the shadows to wash the windows on your dropship.

LMFAO

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 07, 2012, 02:41:30 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Aug 07, 2012, 02:36:45 AM
Maybe we will see a street bum alien sneak out of the shadows to wash the windows on your dropship.

LMFAO

It washes them... WITH BLOOD.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed