How to enable Predator energy weapons on Mission 6?

Started by quijju, Jun 25, 2017, 04:17:09 AM

Author
How to enable Predator energy weapons on Mission 6? (Read 2,870 times)

quijju

I have been playing AVP Classic a lot as of late, and gameplay wise I think it stomps the shit out of the overrated sequel and as a result I have been experimenting a lot with cheats and bot spawning and am having a blast experimenting with stuff. Is there a cheat or something to enable use of energy weapons when fighting the queen? I tried the all weapons cheat and I can use the disc (without lock-on), but can't fire the energy weapons or lock on with the disc. I tried the energy recharge cheat and the weapons are still disabled.  I love screwing around with the cheats and testing which weapons work best on which enemies.

Olde

Olde

The way the levels work in AvP Classic is a little unique. Every level has flags that indicate which predator weapons (aside from the wristblade) are permitted and prohibited. So for instance, the first two predator missions have the pistol and disc prohibited, while the last mission in the campaign, Battle, prohibits the shoulder cannon, medicomp, pistol, and disc. You can cheat those weapons in, but the maps themselves are coded to have those weapons excluded, which is why you're getting that result.

Since I have the editor, I easily enabled those flags, granting you the ability to use all predator weapons in that map. You should be able to use all the weapons even without the GIVEALLWEAPONS cheat.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xpxweqb80v6yett/Battle_All_Weps.zip

Put the Battle.rif file in your Steam\steamapps\common\Aliens versus Predator Classic\avp_rifs folder and use it instead of the original Battle.rif file.

Edit: Hit me up on Steam too so we can maybe get a game in.

quijju

Ah thanks. Worked like a charm. Energy weapons didn't do much to the queen which I found ironic because of the implication on why they were disabled. I guess the devs were just lazy. Disc is just broken lol. I guess there's no way to get the disc to lock on to Queen? Did you also edit any other stuff to mess around with the game?

Olde

Olde

You're welcome. The disc wasn't programmed to target facehuggers either. I have edited lots of other things with the game. Two things that spring to mind are the Flight Pack (enables jetpack and grappling hook on all levels) and the Weapon Continuity Pack (has weapon pickups from the previous levels at the beginning of each marine map). If you want to play a mod with a shotgun, there's also the MelPyth Mod (requires AVP Gold) and my Shotgun Level Pack adds shotguns to the beginning of every marine map.

Wweyland

Is there a way to use other marine weapons when fighting the queen and actually kill it without blowing it out of the goddamn airlock? Would the level end and cutscene trigger in that case?

Olde

Olde

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 19, 2018, 11:23:13 AM
Is there a way to use other marine weapons when fighting the queen and actually kill it without blowing it out of the goddamn airlock? Would the level end and cutscene trigger in that case?
Yes, there are two ways to do this.

1) Enable debug mode by doing this: find the game in your Steam Library, right-click, go to Properties, click Set Launch Options and put in this code: -debug. Then when you're in the game, open up the console by hitting the talk button (default button is this: ~), delete the word SAY, and then type GIVEALLWEAPONS. This should give you more than what you need to kill her. If you need more assistance, you can enable godmode by typing in GOD into the console. Killing her won't trigger the cutscene because you're in debug mode, but the level will end once she's dead.

2) I also made a weapon continuity pack that provides the weapons that you would have gotten in the previous maps at the beginning of each successive stage, so the Hangar level starts out with all weapons. Once you spawn in, you'll have to turn around and pick them up, but you can use them all the same to kill her. This will trigger the end cutscene because the game is not in debug mode, and it may also give you some funky stats. You can download the pack here (it comes with installation instructions): http://www.moddb.com/games/aliens-vs-predator/addons/weapon-continuity-pack

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed