The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 382,802 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Stitch

Stitch

I've ordered (though it's not yet arrived) Powers of Darkness: The Unique Version of Dracula, which is the English translation of the Swedish version of Dracula, which is about three times as long as the original and is expanded in many ways.

It may or may not be the original version by Bram Stoker, or it could have been expanded upon by someone in Sweden.

I've read the Icelandic adaptation, which is an abridged version of the Swedish, and I'm looking forward to reading the full expanded text.

Ivan The Insect

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 02, 2022, 07:17:56 PM
I didn't know they published DH Press Alien novels in other languages

In all my years of book hunting I only found this one Alien novel in bulgarian and was again by complete chance in some supermarket... I swear this is becoming a pattern.

I got 3 more shelves to organise and they're a mess... I even found I have books I forgot I had, like The Day of The Triffids and Sandkings (with additional short stories).

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 02, 2022, 07:36:09 PM
Cute Hydralisk  :o

There was a Marine and Zealot ones too but you know... Live for the Swarm!

I haven't ordered stuff online in years... Most figures and books I own are from online purchases. I wanted to get a figure from SST but the ones online dated back to the 97 movie and cost too much, post Traitor of Mars there's been new toys and figures but I rarely like how they look nowadays.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wysps on Apr 01, 2022, 11:11:13 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 01, 2022, 09:41:39 AM
Finally brought one of those robot vacuums - I'm sick of random pieces of cat litter on the floor. Not a costly one, but a decently reviewed budget one.

It's the worst.  The worst.  We have some Roombas, but they always seem to get caught up on stuff -_-

Robbie the Robot Vacuum has done well so far. Thankfully my downstairs is fairly open plan, with the tables and etc being quite high off the floor. Very happy with the purchase so far.

Also picked up this beauty at the weekend too.

Darkness

Darkness

Couple of new books from ebay. Been after Giger's Alien for ages. £3. Bargain.

Kradan

Kradan

Nice keyboard

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Strange, I always figured AvP Galaxy's command and control center's keyboard would look more like this:

Stitch

Stitch

Paint stripper. Gotta redo the stairwell.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Apr 09, 2022, 09:48:44 AM
Couple of new books from ebay. Been after Giger's Alien for ages. £3. Bargain.

Fantastic book!! I think I'm going to have to give that a reread soon when I have the time.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 09, 2022, 04:41:57 PM
Strange, I always figured AvP Galaxy's command and control center's keyboard would look more like this:

Impractical as f**k. I'd love one.

Stitch

Stitch

Crisis on Infinite Earths arrived today. I ordered the 35th Anniversary Edition, but they sent the Eaglemoss DC Comics Collection version instead. Very disappointing.

I got in touch and they said they don't have the right version and to ask Amazon for a return. Amazon instead decided to refund me and tell me I can keep the book. Not sure how to feel about that, because I was expecting to send it back with prepaid postage.

Wysps

Wysps

Bear hanging kit (to hang food bags, not bears  :P ).  I've never had to use one before, so this will be interesting...

Prez

Prez

The newly released 4K Limited Edition Star Wars Trilogy boxsets.

Darkness

Darkness

My latest haul. I always wanted some Mario figures. Couldn't resist when I saw these were half-price.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Prez

Prez

Nothing nerdy but a 28" Stainless Steel sautee pan (normally $147 got it for $47 at a closing down sale). Can't wait to use it cooking one of my fabulous salsa dishes.

This is middle aged life with my family  ;D

Local Trouble

You guys know about salsa down under? :o

I bought some rechargeable AAA batteries.  Pack of four.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed