Prometheus will be rated R after all

Started by JaaayDee, May 07, 2012, 03:29:47 AM

Author
Prometheus will be rated R after all (Read 57,070 times)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 07, 2012, 11:03:42 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 07, 2012, 10:57:15 PM
I don't give a monkey's whether Theron is shown nude or not (and I'm betting anyone who does would be complaining if the male actors are), but this news surprises me, considering the advert was put in the front of 'Titanic' and 'Avengers'.

I don't think anybody here did either. It was a joke, sir. I found on the fence of belivability someone could actually bitch about the lack of Theron being in her birthday suit.

^ this - I can't believe people can't tell, but I guess that just demonstrates how completely bonkers the whole ratings discussion have been (from my perspective, that is) - glad it's finally resolved :)

... and then again - a quick glance at imdb.com confirms that they are at it again in like 7 threads, arguing that it was a soft R/PG-13 cut that was approved as a R-cut - not a 'genuine' R-cut...  ::)

Someone should put a flamethrower to that place...

ThisBethesdaSea

I saw Avengers last night and the reaction was utter silence...the same reaction for The Dark Knight Rises....I took as a silent awe.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Eva on May 07, 2012, 11:12:49 PM
Someone should put a flamethrower to that place...

Your wish is my command!

...Okay. It's a flare and some gas.... SAME DIFFERENCE! :D

mastermoon

Yes first Predators was R-Rated now Prometheus ;D.

Yes first Predators was R-Rated now Prometheus ;D.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 07, 2012, 11:22:10 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k212/Janos_Audren/GIFs/MacreadyFlame.gif

...Okay. It's a flare and some gas.... SAME DIFFERENCE! :D

Spoiler
If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER TO THAT PLACE!
[close]

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 07, 2012, 11:03:22 PM
Quote from: Vulhala on May 07, 2012, 11:01:25 PM
In which case, the fact The Avengers showed nothing yesterday is a positive thing.

Your showing didn't have Prometheus? Mine did. It was actually fairly well received (by my friends at least) as well.

f**king amazing seeing the Prometheus trailer on the big screen, f**king amazing.

Ash 937

I'm worried that with an R rating that Prometheus won't be able to make back enough of it's budget to justify a sequel.  If it was rated PG-13 more moviegoers would be able to buy tickets to watch it and a sequel would be guaranteed. 

Gash

Gash

Can't a film standalone without it's release having to be some nail biting financial gamble that is all about whether it's enough of a cash cow to justify a sequel?

If the story requires a sequel and Ridley wants to go further with it so be it, any other reason for a sequel - ie box office receipts isn't a good starting point. And if Ridley wasn't involved I wouldn't be interested anyway.

Eva

Eva

The interest in box office returns/profits is usually a US thing. Nobody I've ever discussed movies with face to face, ever gave a rats ass about how much money a film makes, how much it makes in the opening day/weekend etc...

I believe Prometheus will do just fine, not at least in the non-US markets. Hannibal was R rated and made 4 times its budget. Don't worry, people...  :)

Nightmare Asylum

Agreed with Eva. I'm not really worried about money, just quality.

And a sequel is probably the last thing on my mind at the moment. I'd have to see how this one ends before I know if I want more :)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 07, 2012, 11:36:55 PM
In which case, the fact The Avengers showed nothing yesterday is a positive thing.

Your showing didn't have Prometheus? Mine did. It was actually fairly well received (by my friends at least) as well.

f**king amazing seeing the Prometheus trailer on the big screen, f**king amazing.

Cruel. Very cruel.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Vulhala on May 07, 2012, 11:52:30 PM

Cruel. Very cruel.

Oh, gods I didn't mean to make it seem like that.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Vulhala on May 07, 2012, 11:52:30 PM

Cruel. Very cruel.

If it makes you feel any better, when I saw it it was the American cut of the trailer, but I prefer the UK cut :P

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: JaaayDee on May 07, 2012, 06:31:54 PM
And Tom Rothman's heart grew three times bigger that day.

Hahaha very good :)

15 in the UK is ok...we should get a few scares out of that

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 07, 2012, 11:56:40 PM
If it makes you feel any better, when I saw it it was the American cut of the trailer, but I prefer the UK cut :P

Funny considering I saw the International/UK trailer and sort of wished it had been the Trailer 2 or 3 version instead, because I really wanted to hear dat 'Alien trailer howling sound' at the climax, in a theater with an awesome sound system  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed