"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 64,307 times)

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

Prometheus
Blade Runner 2049
Covenant
Raised by Wolves

Androids run out of steam for me....

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 09, 2020, 10:53:40 AM
Quote from: Evanus on Sep 09, 2020, 03:50:31 AM
A lot of sites reporting it now, most of them under the impression that Scott said there won't be a sequel to Prometheus & Covenant. Wonder if that's what he really meant.

That's the way I took it, based on this quote: "Whether or not we go directly back to that is doubtful".  So honestly, "Ridley on Next Alien Prequel - "It's doubtful'" is just as much an accurate headline.   :-\

If there is no sequel then I don't know why he even opens his mouth? Disney don't need him for an Alien movie and Scott doesn't need Disney for another film about androids.  ???

Voodoo Magic

Ridley is constantly asked, so he has to open his mouth. :) Plus Ridley has a relationship with the Alien property itself. With three films under his belt including the one that started it all, Ridley has become the fatherly George Lucas of the Alien franchise of sorts. So I'm not surprised when Ridley is interviewed, that someone will bring up Alien again, again, and again.

Maybe 20th & Ridley have left open the possibility of more Alien talks down the road? I would assume severing ties with such a visionary director is the last thing they'd want to do. You don't want the experience to color other projects, even if they never do anything more with Alien. And Ridley has a relationship and ties with 20th that one would assume he wants to maintain as well. I guess we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if 20th decides to reboot, they bounce ideas of Ridley and use him in some sort of advisory producer role.

Whos_Nick

Ridley did pre production on his Merlin saga for Disney he could come back to

Stolen

QuoteKatherine Waterston was one of the darlings of the brief (and nearly concluded) fall festival season, with her stirring turn in Venice premiere "The World to Come" and her role in the HBO miniseries "The Third Day," which bowed in Toronto. The role that continues to follow her, however, is that of a Ripley-esque space commander in Ridley Scott's 2017 "Alien: Covenant." While promoting "The Third Day" in a recent interview with The Playlist, Waterston addressed her place in the future of the franchise.

Would she do another "Alien" film? "In a heartbeat. I loved working with Ridley and I loved playing that part. I hope we can! I would love it! I hope she's still alive!" Waterston said. (At the end of "Covenant," Waterston's character is in stasis, trapped and asleep in an escape pod after being lured by Michael Fassbender's David.)

Indiewire

Of course girl, you are still alive... of course

Nightmare Asylum

Daniels is alive and well on LV-426.

Spoiler
[close]

Kradan

I want her to share Shaw's fate - but with us seeing all of tasty details this time

Spoiler

[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stolen on Sep 27, 2020, 02:42:39 PM
QuoteKatherine Waterston was one of the darlings of the brief (and nearly concluded) fall festival season, with her stirring turn in Venice premiere "The World to Come" and her role in the HBO miniseries "The Third Day," which bowed in Toronto. The role that continues to follow her, however, is that of a Ripley-esque space commander in Ridley Scott's 2017 "Alien: Covenant." While promoting "The Third Day" in a recent interview with The Playlist, Waterston addressed her place in the future of the franchise.

Would she do another "Alien" film? "In a heartbeat. I loved working with Ridley and I loved playing that part. I hope we can! I would love it! I hope she's still alive!" Waterston said. (At the end of "Covenant," Waterston's character is in stasis, trapped and asleep in an escape pod after being lured by Michael Fassbender's David.)

Indiewire

Of course girl, you are still alive... of course
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/00/1b/26/001b26b5cdca1889cb2caad99eebe923.gif

https://theplaylist.net/katherine-waterston-third-day-interview-20200925/

Link for this one.

Kradan

IMO it will be stupid for David to trap Daniels inside her cryopod only for her to somehow get loose in the next one

Master

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 27, 2020, 04:20:54 PM
I want her to share Shaw's fate - but with us seeing all of tasty details this time

Spoiler

[close]

Cannibal Holocaust?

SiL

Green Inferno.

bb-15

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 10, 2020, 01:00:00 PM
Ridley is constantly asked, so he has to open his mouth. :) Plus Ridley has a relationship with the Alien property itself. With three films under his belt including the one that started it all, Ridley has become the fatherly George Lucas of the Alien franchise of sorts. So I'm not surprised when Ridley is interviewed, that someone will bring up Alien again, again, and again.

Maybe 20th & Ridley have left open the possibility of more Alien talks down the road?...

Sorry to be negative, but it's all in the hands of Disney now.
The comparison with George Lucas works at a surface level. Disney no longer wants either George's or Ridley's input.

Eventually there will be an Alien reboot but it won't involve Scott and the reboot will have nothing to do with the David storyline. That is done.

;)

Corporal Hicks

Just as long as it's a soft-reboot... I'm fine with that.

Kradan

Grrrrrr

I'm not

Mr. Clemens

No reboot nonsense for me. I've got the original films on blu-ray, and they'll suit me just fine.

David Weyland

Reboot ahead of Prequel conclusion will mess up the canon & lore.
They could reinvent the wheel or make the best Alien movie ever in rebooting but by ignoring the Prequel conclusion it would always leave a caveat of ' Yeah but what about David, his facehuggers & the Covenant?'
It's kind of self defeating
A reboot would be a 2 fingers to Ridley who didn't exactly make outright bad films with the prequels, just interesting ok ones that deserve a resolution at least

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed