The Callisto Protocol

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 26, 2021, 06:18:40 PM

Author
The Callisto Protocol (Read 7,438 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Drukathi

Drukathi

This monster looks like the most generic beast in the world. Reminds me about all trash films from 70-80's. However, space and planetary landscapes are very good.

Stitch

Stitch

I am geoblocked from that video, however, I am looking forward to the game

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I only just now learned about this game and the red-band cinematic trailer is f**king nuts. I'm getting serious Dead Space vibes, and that's a very good thing.

Kailem

Kailem

Indeed, it's from one of the creators of Dead Space.

I missed out on those games save for Extraction (here's hoping EA puts out a trilogy remaster a la Mass Effect), so I'm not going to be making that same mistake again with this.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Mar 21, 2021, 11:59:28 AM

I missed out on those games save for Extraction (here's hoping EA puts out a trilogy remaster a la Mass Effect), so I'm not going to be making that same mistake again with this.
Drop what you're doing and play Dead Space right this instant.

Elliott

Elliott

So, this game takes place in the same universe as "Player Unknown: Battlegrounds".

Yeah, the Battle Royal.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 21, 2021, 11:50:40 AM
I only just now learned about this game and the red-band cinematic trailer is f**king nuts. I'm getting serious Dead Space vibes, and that's a very good thing.

The health status bar on the back of his nick is a cool nod to dead space, Isaacs health bar on the back of the suits he wore.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Effectz on Apr 16, 2021, 01:17:43 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 21, 2021, 11:50:40 AM

The health status bar on the back of his nick is a cool nod to dead space, Isaacs health bar on the back of the suits he wore.
There are actually a ton of Dead Space easter eggs in the trailer, it's pretty wild.

Stitch

Stitch

Makes me think I should finish the Dead Space games...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 23, 2021, 05:14:29 PM

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 21, 2021, 04:21:02 PM

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Dead Space's definitely worth anyone's time who's a fan of horror and particularly in science fiction.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah it is bizarre.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

A spiritual successor to Dead Space taking place in the future of the PUBG "universe" apparently.  :laugh:

Quote from: PolygonCuriously, The Callisto Protocol is also set in the far-off future of the PUBG universe — specifically, the year 2320

The stunning space visuals of the trailer are like the imagery of this short film. 

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 24, 2021, 01:14:08 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Apr 23, 2021, 05:14:29 PM

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 21, 2021, 04:21:02 PM

Just to be clear. I have all the Dead Space games, and I got halfway through the first one, just never finished it. It's a lack of time rather than desire.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed