Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,397 times)

TC

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 08, 2021, 04:47:48 PM
I have no idea how literal we're supposed to take the imagery that was used in the presentation last December, but looking at that in conjunction with the announcement that this is set on Earth, it certainly seems plausible that we may be seeing some Engineer structures on Earth:

I can't tell what that is, my phone's screen is so crap. Is it some catacombs? Or maybe a Giger-styled crypt (like the egg chamber in the Alien '79 derelict)?

TC

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 08, 2021, 04:30:06 PM
But I have no doubt the Chariots of the Gods concept will be involved in someway.

I wouldn't mind  ;D as long it's done properly and not with a "...because aliens!" vibe.

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 08, 2021, 04:48:38 PM
Looks very Prometheus-esque to me

To me there's more resemblance to the xeno's head than to the Prometheus structures.
And there's a xeno in the image somewher on the left.
Maybe it's a hive, perhaps artificial in facility on Earth?

David Weyland

Yay! Noah is a prequel fan 😜

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 08, 2021, 04:47:48 PM
I have no idea how literal we're supposed to take the imagery that was used in the presentation last December, but looking at that in conjunction with the announcement that this is set on Earth, it certainly seems plausible that we may be seeing some Engineer structures on Earth:

Hope it's not like this Aliens-Engineers mashup from the Covenant poster.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

I love that poster, and I really like Covenant, but it's still disappointing that never ended up on screen.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2021, 09:00:17 AM
I love that poster, and I really like Covenant, but it's still disappointing that never ended up on screen.

Same here. To see David releasing Xenos on the Engineers rather than a carpet bomb of black goo would have been epic and more terrifying.

Baron Von Marlon

Guess it's from the original script and Khang Le's concept art: depicting the Engineers morphing into xenos (or some other type of morph).

Some Old Dude

Noah praising 3 gives me confidence at the very least his head is in the right place on the lore side of things. I want this show to move on and be it's own thing.

Voodoo Magic

The only thing I don't like about this show is the wait.  :-\

Some Old Dude

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 30, 2021, 01:38:11 PM
The only thing I don't like about this show is the wait.  :-\

Yeah I hear that. It's going to be excruciating because TV development takes ages.

Baron Von Marlon

Wonder who's gonna be the concept artist(s).

Immortan Jonesy

No idea, but if Scott is going to produce the series (not sure about that though), Carlos Huante may be one of them. He worked on Raised By Wolves.

Baron Von Marlon

packrunning_
Noah Hawley better hire you for concept art work for the Alien Fx/Hulu series!!!👏👏👏🔥🔥🔥
1 w.

carlos_huante
@packrunning_ i haven't heard anything about it.. would be a fun one for sure
1 w.

From the comments section

Might be he still gets hired but the would mean the series is still in the very early stages.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe he won't be working on the show after all, or its development is still too early as you suggest. We'll see, and since we're here, talking about the show again, I must say I trust in Noah perspective as I've enjoyed Legion & Fargo. But when it comes to political narrative in a near-future setting, this could benefit from referencing pieces of science fiction like The Expanse, which is remarkable good and so grounded. But yeah, concept art is one of the most interesting parts of worldbuilding, and I love creature art, so here I am waiting for them to hire talented artists.

nanison

If Ridley Scott is involved maybe it will serve as an ending for his 2 prequels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed