Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 44,177 times)

Kradan

Dingbat

In Prometheus, Holloway shouts "David, we are leaving!" in an extremely similar way to how Hicks shouts "Marines, we are leaving" in Aliens.

HuDaFuK

The running gag in Alien 3 that it's always Jude who has to mop up after someone's been killed.

Kradan

Kradan

David in Alien 3 aproaching " cgi on the ceiling" Runner is clearly reference to famous Brett's scene.

After Runner's head blows up and Ripley lands on platform she bends to her knees and vomits some amount of water,

marrerom

In The Predator, after the pred-dog eats the grenade, and right before it explodes, it farts.  :D

razeak

Quote from: marrerom on Oct 02, 2019, 03:07:35 AM
In The Predator, after the pred-dog eats the grenade, and right before it explodes, it farts.  :D

No shit? That's redemption for all of it lmao. I'm literally giggling like I'm stupid out loud after reading that.

marrerom

Quote from: razeak on Oct 02, 2019, 03:23:45 AM

No shit? That's redemption for all of it lmao. I'm literally giggling like I'm stupid out loud after reading that.

Check it out: https://youtu.be/0r3hdUQcaAA?t=115

TheSailingRabbit

23. Having gotten slightly more interested in Isolation after Hicks's playthrough, I've been doing a lot of reading . . . and found Marlow has a tattoo of meat on his arm.

I mean, I like chocolate, but I don't plan on getting a Reese's Cup inked on me.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: marrerom on Oct 02, 2019, 04:37:51 AM
Quote from: razeak on Oct 02, 2019, 03:23:45 AM

Check it out: https://youtu.be/0r3hdUQcaAA?t=115

Jesus. I just watched it. Even smoke puffs out of its ass. I have tears running down my face IRL. Greatest movie ever. Also notice what's his face takes cover behind the corpse to shoot at the other like he expects return fire.

The Cruentus

I was going to post that no one in Aliens tried to use the door to rescue Ripley when she is being attacked in the medlab, but then it doesn't show you anything either way, it just goes from Ripley to Hicks and the others looking through the window.

SM

It was faster to shoot the window out.

The Cruentus

True enough, though a lot of ammo got wasted in that scene.  :laugh:

When checking out these scenes, I noticed the wire on the hugger when it strangled Ripley, never noticed it before. I must say that scene just shows how good practical effects and good creativity can be, I think Gillis was woried about the water going backwards due reversing the shot but you can't really notice it.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The effects in that scene are fantastic. I find them to still be very effective, even after all this time.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 31, 2019, 11:12:21 AM
I was going to post that no one in Aliens tried to use the door to rescue Ripley when she is being attacked in the medlab, but then it doesn't show you anything either way, it just goes from Ripley to Hicks and the others looking through the window.

They probably assumed (correctly) that if she hadn't already left the room it was locked.

The Cruentus

True, but it may have only been locked from the inside.  Taking that into account, as well how strong the glass is, I wonder if the room was used as a quarantine or holding area.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed